Chapter 21- Putting The Pieces Together part 2 (edited chapter)

I do not know how long I’ve been sitting on this step, but I knew it had been long enough. The little amount of time I’ve spent out here has been spent thinking over this whole situation.

Every question, every wonder and every thought that has been going through my head never fells to lead me right back to one clear conclusion. There seems to be a much deeper story behind Liam than I had ever imagined.

The longer I sat out here in front of Olivia’s house, the more intense my wanting to know everything about Liam became. Just the thought that maybe I have misread or misjudged his actions had me consumed with curiosity. There was also a small piece of hope dimly lit inside me that was hoping and wishing for a happy ending out of this whole situation. 

I knew the chances of me getting my happily ever after was probably one in a million when it came to Liam. 

Not wanting to stall any longer I pushed myself off the brick step while letting out a deep sigh. Brushing the back of my pleaded skirt off, I turned and stepped up to the front door which was left slightly cracked. 

After stepping into the big house, I closed the front door behind me and took a look around. Unlike Liam’s house, which looked luxurious but not lived in, Olivia’s house look warm and inviting with its autumn colors and elegant and comfortable furnishings.

Dropping my things beside the foyer bench that was against the wall beside the front door, I proceeded to my left towards what I was told to be the sitting room. As I walked closer to the said room, I could faintly hear chattering. Wanting to hear what was being said I rushed the rest of the way to the sitting room and made my present known.

As soon as I stepped into the room, all the chattering came to an abrupt halt. Looking around at all of them seated on the couches and chairs of the room, I noticed that every single one of them had a serious expression taking over their face. 

Not understand why the conversation was ceased on my account, I made my question known, “Why’d everyone stop talking? I thought I was here to get things explained to me not withheld,” I said a little annoyed. I was not in the mood for secrets especially when the secrets had something to do with me.

Olivia stood up quickly from her place and walked over to where I was standing, “Kyla why don’t you sit down,” she said as she began to guide me over to the empty chair in front of both couches, “My parents don’t live with me, they hold big titles in our world just like everyone else’s parents here, well, except Christian that is, but anyway their never around so we’re okay to talk here.”

As I sat down, Olivia took her place again and rested her hands in her lap. She looked to me then and gave a small sigh, “Okay, we know you have questions that you want to ask, but I think it would be best if you let us explain everything first before you do that. There’s a lot to talk about, and as I said earlier we really don’t have that much time,” she said in a calm voice, and I responded with a small nod and a soft “Okay” before looking to Emma who went to continue.

“Alright lets start with information on our world, that’s the biggest thing to cover right now and the whole reason why we’re here in the first place. So, in our world we categorize a vampire by its bloodline and rank. Vampires with one-hundred percent pure vampire blood ranking at the top and vampires who are newly turned rank at the very bottom. The pure blood vampires our also placed in another category all of their own and are ranked according to title and age. The title a family of vampires have stays with that certain family and is passed down through generations. The longer a vampire family has been around the higher they are in rank. At the bottom are New breeds these vampires have only been around for fifty years or less and usually of the least importance their titles only ranging from servants to handmaidens; workers. New breeds have the hardest time controlling their blood lust and are usually the most blood thirsty, but they usually learn to control themselves over time. Then there are the neutrals theses vampires are what you would call in between. Their like what humans call middle class citizen in your world, they don’t hold any titles, but they aren’t at the bottom either. Neutrals are vampires who have been around for three hundred to four hundred years. Next on the ranks is an Elder or Elders family. These vampires have been around for more than five hundred years. Most Elders have a personal power and almost every male in an elders family hold a very significant title in our world. These titles held make up the circle of Elders, their like what a congress or board of administrators are in your world. Lastly are the most powerful of vampires in our world known as the Ancients. These vampires have been around for over seven hundred years and are considered the royal families. There are only a small few that even exist and that brings me back to Liam’s parents. In our world Liam’s whole family make up all the royal families, his immediate family being the first royal family... meaning the leaders of our world,” Emma finally finished, and I had to shake my head a few times to ease the headache that I knew was coming from all this new information.