Chapter 9- Confused Emotions (edited chapter)

Sitting there on the bathroom floor, I tried to understand what was going on with me. I could not get why I seemed to instantly give myself over to Liam every time. It was like a magnetic force just pulled me to him. As much as I hated him, it did not matter when he was near me and when he touched me. He did something to me, made me feel wanted and needed, and I would fall for it every time. It was becoming more clear that Liam did not want me per se, he just wanted what I had, and the intimacy that came along with that was just a bonus for him.

I have been in this bathroom for over ten minutes now. I was still slightly weak from the blood loss and I was slowly starting to feel drowsy. Deciding that I could not possibly stay at school in this condition, I made a decision to go home early. With my current state, it would not be that hard to get the nurse to allow me to head home.

Liking my new plan, I started to push myself off of the tiled floor into a standing position. Still leaning against the long sink counter, I placed one hand firmly on the edge of the counter for support, so I could lean down and retrieve my scattered items that were still all over the floor from where I had dropped them.

Finally, getting everything, I righted myself once more and turned towards one of the many sink mirrors. Placing my things on the side of me, I took a close look at myself in the mirror. My face was a tad bit pale, and I had a dazed look about me. My eyes were drooping, and I looked tired, but that was not what I was worried about. Looking down at my leg, I raised my skirt up to get a closer look at the fresh, new bite mark Liam had made.

It looked just like the one that was still on my neck except for one thing, this bite mark had looked to be almost fully healed. The small dots, that were also the same size as the one on my neck were almost entirely closed up, and I could only see two light pink dots. The mark was not even that sore, unlike the one on my neck, which was still sore.

Suddenly the bathroom door flew open and a group of girls came pouring inside. Quickly putting my skirt back down, I grabbed my things and raced out of the bathroom. I needed to get home as soon as possible, I needed to rest and clear my head.

After going to the nurse to explain my reason for wanting to go home, which she surprisingly bought, I hurried to my locker to get my things needed and rushed out to the student parking lot. I got in my car just as quickly and sped out of the school campus just a few moment later.

When I finally arrived home, I was thankful to find my mom not there yet. I did not want her asking questions about why I was home so early, or thinking I was genuinely sick and trying to give me every cold remedy in the book.

After setting my books down on the foyer entry table, I slowly made my way upstairs and to my room. I felt so distant and detached from reality right now. It was like I was coasting through the day, my body was there, but my mind was in another world all of its own, and it was consumed with thoughts all centering around Liam Lock.

Closing my door behind me, I signed in relief that I could relax slightly in the privacy of my on room. Thinking I could use even more relaxation, I decided to take a hot bath to calm my tense muscles and my jumbled brain.

Stripping down quickly, I grabbed all toiletries needed and made my way out of my bedroom and into the bathroom that was at the end of the hall. Placing my towel and cleansing items on the bathroom sink, I then moved over to sit on the edge of the tub to run the bath water. Filling it to its max, I turned the faucet off and stepped into the steaming water.

Baths always seemed to help me relax, and think when I felt stressed out, this moment in my life was one of those times. Sliding down into the deep water, I rested myself on the back of the wide tub and closed my eyes and before I knew it, I was dozing off.

~~~~~~ 

I woke up to the chill of the bath water, I must have fell asleep, and was out for awhile. Pushing myself up from resting on the back of the tub, I brushed my wrinkled fingertips through my damp hair. Looking to where I had laid my towel, I went to get up and grab it, but the bathroom door softly opened and in walked someone I would not expect to be here. Liam.

Taking in a quick breath of surprise, my eyes got wide, and I automatically glanced down at my exposed body and quickly tried to shield myself from his cool eyes,"Liam, what the heck are you doing in my house!? You can't be here," I said, and he just laughed.

"New girl don't you remember? You invited me in a long while ago, I think the bath water has relaxed more than your body, your forgetting things," Liam said while making his way lazily over to where I was in the tub.

"What?..." I said more to myself; I was so confused. What did he mean I invited him in awhile ago? That did not make any sense.

Looking back at him, I watched as he kneeled down beside the tub and placed his hand in the water, "I came here for my fix and maybe something else to curve my other craving," he said with a grin and I'm sure my face showed all the surprise and shock I felt.

"Oh, don't be so shocked new girl, you act like we haven't been doing this for weeks now. And might I add you have been enjoying it just as much as me, maybe even more," Liam said smugly, and I just shook my head at him.

I did not understand what was going on; this could not be right, could it? My messed up thoughts were ceased when I felt his hand, that was still in the water, rest on my leg and start to move upward. Instantly I felt this intense spark shoot up my leg where his hand had been.

My breathing quickened, and I was trying desperately not to react to his touch, but to no avail. Unconsciously I started to lean backwards, I could not resist Liam.

Suddenly, Liam was on his feet, I had not even seen him stand; he got up so fast. He began to strip himself of his clothes, and I shyly turned away from him. Oh man, was he about to get in the tub with me? I thought to myself. I could feel myself turning nervous and excited at the same time. I knew what was about to happen, but I could not bring myself to get up and leave. Something inside me wanted it to happen even if I knew he would leave me right after he got what he wanted.

I felt the water shift around me as Liam stepped into the big tub, "Look at me Kyla," Liam said, and I did turn to him then, but not because he asked me to, but because he said my name again and with so much care and affection.

"I need you Kyla, I promise I can make you feel good too.... Just give me what I need first, please, "He said and that is all I needed to hear, because almost immediately I gave him what he wanted.... Curving both of his cravings, then watched him leave right after. 

~~~~~~~

I sat up straight with a start and began to look around at my surroundings. When I recognized the bathroom to be mine and that I was still in my tub, water still warm; I sighed with relief. It was only a dream.

Deciding I had spent more than enough time in the tub, I quickly washed up and got out. Getting to my room again, I got dressed in some comfy bed shorts and a tank, then looked at the clock. I noticed I still had about an hour until my mom came home so instead of going downstairs I laid on my bed.

I started to think about that dream and what it meant. Was that how I would end up a month or two from now? That dream had portrayed the same emotions I felt now; the hate for Liam, the uncertainty, the nervousness, but most of all the uncontrollable desire and need to satisfy Liam. I needed to keep him wanting me. It was like a mixture of emotions only heightened to the highest levels. Combined with the fact that I felt all of that for a vampire of all things just baffled and confused me even more.

How has my life gone from ordinary to crazy in just a matter of a few weeks, never would I have thought my senior year would take this unexpected turn. I hated to think of what was to come.