Chapter 24- Bainbridge Island part 2 (edited chapter)

Liam's POV

My parents and I have not spoken a word to each other since we left Olivia’s driveway. We were on our way to my parents estate on Bainbridge Island. Before our estranged relationship, I had always loved spending time at that estate. They had a few estates scattered around the world, and this was one of my favorites. It was always a place where I could go and totally be myself around my family and friends. I never had to worry about hiding who I truly was here.

Bainbridge Island has given me some pleasant memories over the centuries, but the unfortunate memories, even though there might not be as many, certainly outweighed the good. 

Though I dreaded the fact that I had to go back to Bainbridge Island with my parents, the memories I knew would resurface once I arrived there was something I dreaded even more. 

My parents and their obsession with upholding the old fashion ways of the royal law were not the only reasons why I detached myself from my family and the vampire world. There was way more to it than that and my parents just vaguely knew why.

We arrived at the ferry docks moments later. The hulking white ferry looking crowed with the cars that were loaded on board. We slowed to a coast as the driver waited for our cars turn to move forward onto the ferry. Once we were safely on board, I waited until the driver put the car in park then made my exit out of the car and onto the deck of the ferry.

My parents did not bother calling after me as I walked away from the car. They knew I needed my space. What they were expecting of me was a lot already, and I just needed to take some time to clear my head.

I did not know where I was walking to; all I knew was that I needed to walk, I needed to walk and think about everything that has happened. The whole way here I could only concentrate on one thing and that was Kyla. 

Everything I saw and everything we past reminded me of her. It was like I saw her face at every possible turn. I knew I could not change the situation that has broken us apart from each other, but I could not help the wonder of ‘what if’s’ that were crowding inside my head.

How a smile, that was caused by me, would brighten up her face? What would her laugh sound like? What would it feel like to hold her in my arms for hours? Would I have been able to make her happy?

All these things have taken a place in my head, filling me with questions that I would never find the answers to.

I came to a stop at the back of the ferry and leaned myself against the rails. Looking over the edge, I watched as the water rippled under the ferry’s bottom as it carried random particles under, pulling them to the ocean floor.

I sat there for a long time staring down at the darkened blue water, wishing I could throw myself overboard and let the water take me under. Ending all the deep pain, and longing that I had built up inside me. I wished for a small moment that I could end everything. 

Ending everything meant I would not have to hurt anymore; I would not have to want for someone I could never have or see again. I would not have to marry someone that I could never love.

Giving a deep unneeded sigh, I pushed myself off the rails of the ferry, giving the water one last look before turning and walking back to my parents car. 

There was no point in me wishing for things that would never happen. I was stuck in my misery for all eternity, my wants and wishes not mattering in the slightest. Glancing up at the foggy sky, I hoped Kyla would have the strength to overcome the heartache I have poured upon her and be able to move on with her life.