Chapter 20- Putting The Pieces Together part 1 (edited chapter)

“What do you mean his parents want to meet me? How do they even know he has a mate? He doesn’t even claim me so how did they find out?” I asked in a panic to everyone surrounding me.

I could not understand what was going on, everything was happening so fast. I was still dealing with the fact that Liam and I would never be anything, and now I have to deal with the thought of meeting the parents of a guy that does not even want me, and it did not help at all that they were vampires too.

“Look, we don’t have time to talk about it here, you need to come with us. We’ll explain everything to you when we’re further away from the school,” Aidan said impatiently making me wonder why they could not just explain what was going on right here. Why did we need to leave the school?

Looking around at everyone, I started to notice something I had not before. All of them looked slightly worried or nervous. This realization had me growing more confuse and a little scared, as well.

Why would the mention of Liam’s parents wanting to meet me making them so unnerved?

“Kyla are you in? If so we need to leave now, I don’t know how much time we have before his parents find out exactly who you are,” Ian said sternly.

Even though, I was unsure about this whole situation, I agreed to go along anyway. The expressions on their faces, along with their urgency to leave the school, was more than enough reason for me. Something was telling me this situation was far worse than I knew.

“Okay, Kyla will ride with Gavin and I. We’ll drive to my place and explain everything there,” Olivia instructed to everyone.

They all gave a unison agreement before quickly heading out to the student parking lot. Even Christian was coming along, which seemed weird to me, since he hardly knew any of them and sort of had a beef going with Liam. But I did not question his role in all of this at the moment. I’m sure I would find out why he was involved in this soon enough.

As I walked along side Olivia towards Gavin’s car and proceeded to get in, I began to think about everything that has happened since my encounter with Liam at his house all the way up until now. As soon as Gavin started up his car and began to drive out of campus it seemed my mind started to put the pieces together instantly.

Everything finally started to make sense. The way Liam had acted right before telling me to leave yesterday, Christian’s reaction at Liam’s house and his vague comment before he left me at the school last night, everything.

I could see the things I had looked over so clearly in my head now and every moment since yesterday came flashing through my head in waves. Then finally my mind halted, stopping right at the moment Liam told me to leave and placed me outside. I had not thought anything of it at the time, but watching the scene unfold all over again in my head had me seeing what I missed. 

Right before Liam closed the door on me and left me standing outside his house heartbroken, he looked behind him, as if he was looking for someone or looking at someone. And his eyes, I had not noticed then, but when I saw the moment in my head now I could clearly see one emotion that had me sucking in a quick breath of surprise.

Liam’s eyes held one emotion only... Longing. The surprise of this realization had me frozen completely; I could not even take a breath as I put all the pieces together.

Had Liam told me to leave because it was his parents who had barged into the back of the house yesterday? Could it have been that he actually wanted to tell me to stay, that he wanted to confess his feelings towards me. Could every hurtful thing Liam has ever done have something to do with his parents?

I did not have time to dwell on it much longer because we were pulling up to a large, beautiful house just then. Olivia and Gavin, who have been quiet the entire way here, finally turned around in their seats after Gavin put the car in park in front of the house.

“We know you might feel overwhelmed and confused by all of this, but I promise you when we get in here we’ll tell you everything you need to know. It’s imperative that you know everything,” Olivia stated to me before exiting the car along with Gavin.

I followed right behind them, getting out of the car only to be stopped suddenly by Olivia who stayed behind to wait for me, “Kyla I want to let you know now that I’m sorry for everything, and I’m sorry for what you might go through in the near future. But I promise we’re going to find away to fix this,” She said in a extremely serious tone. 

Olivia turned and began to walk toward the front door of her house, stepping inside she stopped and glance over her shoulder at me concern written all over her features, “You coming Kyla?” she asked.

I gave her a slight nod before looking away, “I just need a moment to catch me breath and wrap this whole situation around my head,” I said before look towards Olivia again.

She nodded her head in understanding and gave a sympathetic smile, “Alright, everyone will be in the sitting room to your left when your ready to come in. And Kyla?” Olivia said to me.

“Yeah,” I said distractedly.

“Don’t take too long, we don’t have much time, okay?” she said gently and I just nodded my head in response before watching her walk into the house and closing the door behind her.

I walked to the front steps of the large, beautiful house and sat down imagining what news lied behind the closed wooden door.