Chapter 4: Parents

Yuuri's POV

Awkward tension filled the room as (y/n) and I stared at the man sleeping on the floor.

'He's here... Victor Nikiforov is here!! My skating idol is here and wants to coach me?! But why could he be skating and winning next season?'

"He's here because he saw the video of you and (y/n) and was inspired to coach you guys. You guys brought him here!!" Minako sat in between (y/n) and I.

Makkachin, Victor's dog, was lying beside him as (y/n) pets him. "(Y/n) you shouldn't do that!" I said, whispering.

"Why not? I like dogs, and dogs like me!" She smiled and then continued to look at the sleeping creature.

But as if on cue, he woke up, "Do you have any food? I'm starving..."

"I thought you said he ate something!!" Minako screamed, (Y/n) covered her mouth as I nodded to her as thanks.

"Yuuri, what's your favorite food? I should know since I'm going to be your coach.."

I brought out a pork cutlet bowl. Victor's eyes lit up. "Wow! Amazing!"

He began to chew down the food as a certain someone spoke, "Yuuri is only allowed to have a bowl if he wins something since he gets have easily; same goes for (y/n).."

"Do you guys eat this a lot then?" Victor put his bowl down and gave a smile.

"We eat it all the time since it is our favorite!" The sterling (e/c) eyed girl said in a cheery tone.

"Well, I see you're still in shape (Y/n), seeing you've won a lot, didn't you just win your 3rd consecutive win at worlds!?"

She nodded as the Russian man shifted to me, "Yuuri, you shouldn't be eating this if you haven't won anything; I can't be your coach if you don't reach the weight you were last year."

~one week later~

Y/n's POV

I've been working out with Yuuri every day now, and I think I've dropped some weight too. I decided I needed a break since I hardly workout jokes on whoever thought I worked out hard.

Walking through town, I saw a surprisingly cute Tiger shirt that I had to get! I was going to buy it when I saw a girl with a tiger print suitcase. I glanced as I saw a bit of her face; "she's pretty." I tapped her shoulder, but she didn't turn around, "Um, miss, I think you're really pretty!"

Yuri's POV

I turned around and saw (y/n); she saw me and thought I was a girl. Great, "You're foolish if you thought I was a girl!" I barked; I'm not sure if I said any of that right since my Japanese wasn't all that good.

"Ah, sorry, Yuri-Kun.." her Russian sounded fluent as she looked at me with tears. "No, no, no, don't cry! Stop, stop. GEEZ, I SAID STOP! I'll pay for whatever you're getting. Just STOP!" I look at what's in her arms, and to my surprise...

"You're a fan of tigers too?" I pointed to the same shirt in my hand, and she nodded. She nodded, "But I also like dogs.." I wiped away a tear left in the corner of her eye. She flinched and blushed. Cute.

I didn't realize how close I was to her and backed away, "S-sorry (y/n).." I grabbed her shirt and mine and paid.

"It's okay, Yuri! Just don't make me cry again!" She punched the side of my arm; she hits hard for a skater. Plus, I wasn't planning to make her cry anytime soon.