Chapter 5- So long, my Friend.

Early evening had aproached and it wasn't quite time for dinner. So I went outside to the courtyard to think. I still haven't gotten Garth out of my head. Maybe the wind will carry my thoughts away.

I sat at a stone bench and looked up at the clouds. The breeze felt good on my face, I was trying not to cry more than I already have. Leaves fell down around me and a few caught in my hair. I could hear foot steps come from somewhere in the courtyard.

Around one of the walls, appeared Draco. He started to stroll my way. "Evening (Y/N). Why are you out here. You look sad." His voice sounded a little different in the breeze. "Oh, I'm, um, just thinking." My voice shaked a little.

"Thinking? Of what, it seems to have gotten you down. Mind if I join you?" I nodded my head and he sat next to me on the other end of the bench. "Yeah, my only friend died yesterday, Garth, my ferret.." he looked intently at me as I spoke. "I'm sorry to hear that, your only friend? I know you dont have many, but he couldn't have been the only one."

"He was my only one, I've had him since I was six. And no one around here really pays attention." The breeze brushed my hair around my shoulders catching more leaves. "I do." He spoke casually, then he got closer and picked the leaves out of my hair. "I know you think not many do, but I've always seen you. Even from the first day." I looked at him in disbelief, then I remembered a blonde haired boy and his friends sitting in the boat. "You were much shorter then." I said jokingly, he laughed a little and began to walk away.

"See you around, d-." He caught himself before finishing his sentence, and strode away.

Entry 4. September 2.
The strange boy, Draco, spoke with me in the court yard. He talked with me about Garth. No one has ever even wanted to talk to me for that long. Not even my mother now a days. And he seemed genuinely interested. It was odd. But I am not complaining. He's kinda cute. It was nice to open up a little to someone, especially about Garth. So long, my friend.

I headed off to bed and slept easy. For the first time in a while. I dreamt of a field of flowers, but it quickly turned dark..