Chapter 10- Christmas Break

We arrived at his house using floo powder. Another weird experience. When I exited the fireplace, it was in a huge room, which I pressumed to be the dinning room. I followed him to my room that I would be staying in, it was next to his. The hallway was long and dimmly lit, only a bit of light escaped from the windows.

My room was a descent size, not to big or small. The bed looked extremely comfortable. I set my stuff down and followed Draco to see the rest of the house.

He showed me everything from extravagant bedrooms, collection rooms, a huge trophy room, and a large kitchen. The dinning room was last, but the maids were cleaning it and preparing for dinner.

I never expected this to happen in my life. It didn't seem real. As if any time now someone would shake me awake, and everything would just be a dream.

Do I even deserve this? Someone who seems to have taken a liking to me, a family to accept me for who I am. Why am I here?

I went to bed with a spinning head. I wonder what my parents were doing right now. Then moments later, I fell into a deep sleep.

You begin to dream heavily as light rain patterns the window. You can hear crashes and a glass breaking echo.
"I WON'T HAVE A SLYTHERIN IN THIS HOUSE." The words fade fast.
"YOU'RE NO DAUGHTER OF MINE." The images are blurry and spinning, more glass can be heard.
"Mom, make him stop!!"
You're mother cowers into another room, leaving you to the wrath of your father.
"HOW COULD YOU TURN ON US LIKE THIS? AFTER ALL WE'VE DONE FOR YOU?"
The dream fades away, and you awake to darkness, lighting, rain, and a presence at your bed.

You jump a little and the shadow shushes you. "Shh, its okay daisy, it's okay. I'm here, just fall back asleep."
Daisy. The name you never thought you'd hear, from a voice you've always heard. Atleast in these recent months.

He walked away and you lay quietly in your bed. I want to cry and laugh and scream all at the same time. After everything that's happened, what am I falling into now. Only time will tell.

I woke up that morning easily. I got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. Draco joined me in the hallway. I tried not to look at him, but I failed. He caught me glancing and smiled. "Now you know my little secret, Daisy." "I suppose I do." I smiled and blushed while walking to the dinning room.

The table was set and being dressed with food by the maids. I was starving and couldn't wait. Draco pulled out a chair for me and took the seat next to mine. His parents soon followed after and took their seats. Food was brought and now it was time to select breakfast.

I picked my favourites, strawberries, a banana, some cinnamon biscuits and more. It was delicious, his parents asked me all kinds of questions. They were so intrigued, "How wonderful, a talented pureblood slytherin as yourself." Then they asked about my family.
"Oh, well, um, they aren't particularly festive, atleast not when I'm around. Right now they're probably having fun with family. I-" I didn't finish my sentence, but his mom, Narcissa, seemed to understand.

Breakfast was finished and Draco asked if I'd like to see the garden. I accepted and followed him outside. Everything was damp from the storm last night.

"I don't get lots of company I really enjoy, so it's nice to have you here."
"Well I'm not usually the enjoyable company, but I'm glad you think so."
He seemed sad at that but returned to a smile, " This is my favourite part of the garden."

It was a stone platted heart shaped walkway. Around the edges were a couple benches and some rose bushes. "Hm, rose bushes," you smiled and looked up at him. "Yes, and now a daisy." He replied.

"But a daisy is not as appreciated as a rose. Not as beautiful." I inquired.
"That's what most people think, but I say different. The reason you are a daisy, is yes, you are different, and perhaps unapreciated. But you are beautiful, inside and out. Anyone who looks over you is sadly mistaken."

We went back inside and the rest of the day trailed on. Spending time with him was fun. We played hide and go seek in the library, decorated a room, and more.

The rest of Christmas break before actuall Christmas went by fast, I wish it would have lasted longer. But all good things must come to an end.