Alternative ending #1 Part 3. The Dark Mark.

"Wait no!" My father shouted, then he hurriedly pulled back his sleeve. Revealing the dark mark. "You already are one of them!"

Then Voldemort jumped in, "ha ha you fool, this only proves your betrayal to me, to the dark lord." He swivled back to me, "do it! Now! Or I kill you both!"

"Avada Kedavra!!........" I shouted into the dry and dusty air. Green light flashed from the tip of my wand, my father's body crumpled to the ground. "Wait that was actually him...? You made me kill my own father?"

"Yes, it was him, the blasted fool. What does it matter now, you have proved yourself and relieved both pf us from his betrayal. You will receive your very own mark soon."

Voldemort slithered away, leaving me in a mix of emotions, mostly in awe of what I had just done. I have comitted murder, and everyone witnessed it. I fell to the floor in a pile, Draco rushed over to me. "I'm so sorry you had to do that, I'm so sorry I brought you into this, this is all my fault I'm so sorry..." I just sat there, listening to his words and dry gasps while leaning into his chest.

~

So I get a mark now. A mark that shows I am a murderer. I have been stripped of who I am. All that remains is a soggy emotionless shell.

I sat at my window sill, peering down at the garden. Water traces down the glass and collected in big drops. My breath condensed on the cold window. Then someone knocked at my door.

I did not answer, they knocked again. "Come in," I muttered.

It was Draco. He came and sat next to me. He kissed my forhead and wrapped his arms around me. "It's time to get your mark now..." he whispered softly into my ear. We rose together, he kept an arm on my shoulders. Walking in silence towards the dusty room again.

In the room was Draco's parents, his aunt (bellatrix), and a man covered in tattoos. The man also had the dark mark, all he had was his wand. I wondered how I was going to get this mark.

Draco walked me over to the empty and tattered chair next to the man. I looked at him nervously.

"Don't worry, it only hurts for a moment." He said dully, no expression on his face. "So, lets begin." He grabbed left arm and rolled up my sleeve delicately, then he brought the tip of his wand to my skin. He pressed hard into my wrist and muttered words I couldn't understand. Slowly he ran the wand down my arm, leaving a long black line. He lifted his wand and stared at the line. It began to twist and bend and form the mark. I tensed up and whinced a bit from the burning. The man held my wrist firmly.

Then it was done. I stared at it with disbelief. "Draco, you're next." Startled by these words my glance quickly shifted to him. He could read the worry on my face, but said nothing. He looked very blank, and also regretful. Has he killed someone???

Draco took my place in the chair, and the man began. Draco flinched when the wand touched his skin.

~

Now we both had our marks. The Malfoy Manor was now my home. I looked out my window, Draco was down in the garden. I jumped to feet and raced outside into the night.

The chilly air was crisp on my skin. I ran into the garden and stopped behind him. Catching my breath, he turned around to look at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me.

"I was going to ask you the same thing."

"It doesn't matter. Why are you here? Don't you want nothing to do with me..."

"Draco of course it matters, and I kinda live here now, so, and of course I still want something to do with you.. you're still important to me, and... well.. I wanted to ask you something. "

Draco stared at me with a sullen expression, "what is it?"

"What did they ask you to do for you to recieve your mark?"