Alternate Chapter 17

~Ashton's P.O.V~

"What?" Luke's words revolved around my head non-stop. The part of me that wanted Ryder at any and all cost wanted me to go along with it. But the father in me couldn't allow myself to rob his children of a father. It felt as if world war 3 was taking place in my head. Do I want to be selfless or do I want to be loveless?

"You heard me. You want my help and I'll give it to you, if you help me kill Michael." Luke shrugged before sitting back in his chair. "You were planning on killing him anyways, I'm just putting you back on schedule." Luke's words sound like they came from hell and heaven.

They excited the side of me that needed Ryder. A warmth spread over my heart that made me feel as though it would be the right thing to do. Telling me that if I wanted love if have to take it and lock it away. But deep down In a part that was almost too small to feel let me know this was wrong. My mind pleaded with me to realize how selfish this was but my heart begged for me to allow it to roam free and take what was rightfully mine.

"DADDY." I was pulled out of my thoughts by a heart shattering cry. Without thinking I turned on my heels and ran toward the deafening screams.

I followed the cries until they lead me to Dylan. She had tears running down her face as she clenches her bloody knee in pain. I instantly ran over to her and crouched down and went to examine the cut but she cried louder. I gave her a sympathetic look before scooping her up and carrying her in the house. The moment we were in I walked to the bathroom and placed her down on the sink.

"What happened, sweetheart?" I grabbed the peroxide, alcohol and bandages out of the medicine cabinet.

"I-I saw a pretty butterfly a-and I tried to catch it but I fell and hurt my knee." Her cries made it hard to understand her as she pointed to her scraped knee.

"You know you're not allowed outside unless someone is with you." She looked away knowing that she was in trouble for breaking the rules. I poured some peroxide on her cut causing her to cry louder. "Ssh, ssh, it's almost over princess." Her bottom lip trembled making my heart stop at how adorable she is. She looks like a nine year old version of Ryder.

"Are you going to tell mommy and daddy?" Her pale green eyes going wide

"Sweetheart what you diem was bad and...." She cut me off as she frantically shook her head

"No, no, no they will put me in timeout and take away my fruit snack. I can't sit in timeout for thirty whole minutes, I'll die. And those savages will take my fruit snacks." She slammed her tiny fist down on the table.

"You mean your brother and sister?" I chuckled referring to the 'savages' she spoke of.

"Yes, they always take my things." I sighed

"Sweetheart nothing in here is truly yours, they are all of ours. We are a family so we share, we don't take and claim ownership over it." She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." I raised an eyebrow before grabbing her chin and forcing her to face me.

"I don't know where this attitude of yours came from but...." She cut me off

"You want to know where my attitude came from?" She angrily stated not expecting an answer. "Nothing's ever mine. My room isn't mine, i have to share it with London. My mommy isn't mine, I have to share her with London, Brooklyn, Nala, Riley and Angel. My dad isn't my own, I have to share him with his job. What's really mine? I doubt I can even own my life." My heart broke as I listened to this heartbroken girl speak. She felt as if she truly had nothing and no one. I guess Ryder has been too busy with taking down Jonah that she didn't realize how upset Dylan was.

"Not everything is meant to be completely yours. Somethings you'll want with all your heart and no matter how hard you try or how much you love it you'll never be able to truly have it, You'll always have to share with someone." My words held a double meaning that I didn't intend for them to have. I wiped her leg with and alcohol wipe before covering it with a bandage. "Do you want to hear a story little one?" She nodded eagerly. I sat on the edge of the tub before placing her on my lap. "A few years ago a guy I knew met a girl. At the time they met the girl has the attention of the guys two best friends which caused a lot of fights." I sighed as I thought of how it all started. "One night the girl found out she was pregnant with one of their kids. They both promised to be there for her but after she had given birth to...." I tried to think of a fake name. "Calvin's twins... Micah began to become distant. This caused.... Rose to get sad and come to Alexander. Time passed and Alexander began to grow a strong attachment to Rose. His attachment quickly became love but he knew rose wouldn't feel the same." I sighed

"Even though Alexander knew this he still tried to get her. One night Rose had had enough of Micah hurting her..... Feelings." I didn't want to let Dylan know about any physical abuse. "And she packed her bags and got ready to leave with Calvin and their twins. When Alexander found out, this broke his heart. Without thinking, Alexander told Micah of their plans. Once rose and Calvin had found out about Alexander betraying them, they began to hate him. They ended up leaving anyways and when they did Alexander's heart broke and he was never the same." I could feel a tear pricking the back of my eyes. "What I'm trying to say is... Sometimes you won't always get something because you want it or love it, sometimes you have to let it." As the words left my mouth I couldn't help but hear the truth in them but I refused to listen. I needed to keep telling, I needed to have her. But looking at Michaels wide-eyed daughter I knew I couldn't kill him.

"It's going to be okay." I was confused when I felt Dylan wrap her arms around me and pull me into a hug until I realized tears were rolling down my cheeks. I hugged Dylan back before kissing her forehead.

"Thank you, princess.

~Michael's P.O.V~

"How was it baby?" I sat Ryder down on my lap as she buried her face In my neck. She just got back from her day working with Jonah and I could tell she was really shaken up.

"Stressful, I kept feeling like he was going to catch us." She whispered as her eyes slowly shut from exhaustion. My phone started ringing causing Ryder to sigh before tilting so I could get it. I grabbed it before kissing Ryder's head and pressing answer to the call.

"What?" I tried to sound calm as I strocked Ryder's hair. The car slightly jumped as me drove over pumps in the road.

"You need to find somewhere to stay but you can't come home." I heard Calum whisper into the phone.

"What are you taking about?" Ryder snuggled into me more

"I heard Luke ask Ashton to help him kill you." I clenched my phone in anger.

"Get the kids and bring them to Louis' house. Make sure the rest of the guys come to Louis' house with their guns." Ryder looked up at me questioningly but I held up a hand signaling it wasn't the time.

"Alright, I'll be at Louis' in 20." With that I hung up. If Ashton and Luke want a fight, they'll get it.