Episode 6: Prime Suspects

Takashi: Well we are officially dead to rights.

Sun: I thought we were pretty convincing

Akeno: I agree. We seemed pretty convincing.

Takashi: It doesn't matter how convincing we were. Mawari wants to be a detective! She's sharpened her mind so much that her memory is photographic so she knows it wasn't a mirage!

Akeno: That's right. You also said her father was chief of police.

Sun: SHE'S DAUGHTER OF THE CHIEF OF THE POLICE!!!

Takashi: You weren't listening the first time?

Sun: She can take everything from us!

Takashi: Hearing that she's the chief's daughter makes you think that. Not that she saw your fish tail!

Akeno: Then we have to eliminate her.

Akeno had pulled out her Katana and revealed the blade menacingly.

Takashi: YOU'RE NOT KILLING MY FRIEND!!

Akeno: Then what do you suppose we do?

Takashi took a few seconds to think about what they could do to make Mawari forget what she saw but her mind was a steel trap. The only thing he could think of was the thing that would make any detective drop a case.

Takashi: We need to outlast her.

Akeno: Outlast her?

Takashi: If we can protect sun from every attempt Marwari will make to turn her into a mermaid without making it obvious that we're covering her she'll have to give up.

Sun: But how do we do that?

Takashi: I've hid my powers from her for years. I think I can hide a fish tail but Akeno could you help me?

Akeno: I'll do everything I can.

Takashi: Good now let's get some sleep. Tomorrow the games begin.

The sun set on that day and rose to begin the next where Takashi, Akeno and Sun all went to school on time. They kept casual except for Sun who was constantly shaking making it obvious that she was worried. Even as they sat next to each other in homeroom Sun was quivering in her desk.

Takashi: Sun stop shaking. We're gonna be ok.

Sun: Ok S-sorry.

She took a deep breath and finally calmed down. Meanwhile Mawari walked into the classroom carrying a bottle of water. Takashi saw her and signaled Akeno with a glare to be ready for anything. Mawari walked toward Sun holding the bottle while Sun was looking in her bag for something. As Mawari got closer she pretended to slip and the bottle of water began to spill. Akeno and Takashi were getting ready to move but then there was a miracle.

Sun: I forgot my textbook!

Immediately like a flock of angels that were actually desperate boys wanting Sun's attention they surrounded her with textbooks and blocked the water. Mawari was in shock and so were Akeno and Takashi but they got over it quickly since Sun's secret was safe and they didn't have to lift a finger. Next was gym class where Shark was running the students beyond their limits which seems like it was going to be the usual air this point and part of that usual was Takashi skipping and hiding behind the gymnasium. Sun and Akeno were able to hide as well so the three took a break until a cat appeared. Then another cat appeared and another until there were a bunch of cats surrounding them. Sun started to get scared and almost perfectly on cue Mawari walked around to the back of the gymnasium to find them.