Episode 20: True Hero

Akeno: Let's teach these guys what happens when you try to play with people's lives.

Takashi: So we're turning these guys black and blue then. I like a good beatdown.

Akeno: But first, take this.

Akeno decided to pass her katana to Takashi.

Akeno: I feel like that'll work better than a silly chain.

Takashi: Actually, this gives me an even better idea.

Takashi took his chain and wrapped it around the handle of the katana. Then he charged it with neon until it turned into a bright blue.

Akeno: We'll have to deal with the grunts first.

Takashi: But let's make sure the big fish can't run.

Takashi held his katana by it's chain and begun to swing it rapidly over his head. As it spun faster, the neon energy glowed brighter until it was radiating a warmth that was felt throughout the entire room. Yoshino's fear grew as he watched which then forced him to act. He pointed his pistol at Akeno and Takashi and fired two rounds, one for each of them but when they got close Takashi sliced the bullets in half. They shards flew past them and took out four other guards by coming in contact with their legs.

Akeno: You were impressed with Iaido technique while you cut bullets by swinging a blade on a chain.

Takashi: You haven't seen anything yet.

Takashi then hurled his katana toward Yoshino but the moment it left his hand Takashi's body disappeared. The blade flew right past Yoshino, grazing some of his hair. In that split second Yoshino thought that he was going to be safe but he looked at the handle of the blade and saw a hand form. Takashi's entire body quickly reformed after that and he drove his knee into the center of Yoshino's face. He felt Yoshino's nose break and watched as his body slammed into the pile of rocks behind him before warping back to Akeno.

Akeno: So you learned how to warp now?

Takashi: It's something I've been working on.

Akeno: Well, it looks like it gave everyone else an impression.

Akeno was referring to a number of grunts that were dropping their weapons and running. It reduced the number of men that the two of them had to fight by half.

Takashi: Well then, now that we know whose staying to fight-

Akeno: Let's get this party started.

Akeno lifted her sword over her head before she swept the ground with it. A sound blast was sent spiraling throughout the room until it turned into a tornado that lifted everything near it from men, to other nobles to pieces of stone and broken neon signs. Standing at the eye of the storm was Takashi. He threw his katana upward to warp into the air where he charged a powerful neon blast that blew the tornado away and trapped everything in a neon field.  With everyone trapped, Takashi concentrated all his power into his hands where he formed a blue orb of neon energy before firing it into the air. The orb exploded and dispersed into falling stars that collided with everything in the field driving them back toward the ground. Any soldiers or nobles found themselves tied to the floor after the crashing impact and unable to move while Takashi landed beside Akeno.

Akeno: Flashy.

Takashi: I feel like there's some unfinished business you want to settle.

Akeno: You know me so well.

The two of them walked toward Yoshino who woke up to see all his men defeated. The only thing he had left was his pistol which was a few feet in front of him. He tried to crawl and reach for it but Akeno stepped on it before picking it up herself.