Episode 12: Study Partners for life!

With the recent attack from Lunar's father, everyone at the school was on their toes but for Takashi it actually managed to bring a time of relief. With everyone so worried and careful then there wouldn't be much chance of a crazy incident that could lead to the school getting destroyed again. Takashi was able to simply return to his normal school life which involved keeping his grades up the best he could. He wasn't the best student in the class but he was far from the worst. That title belonged to Chimp and his grades only continued to flop with his new focus being the personal assistant to Kai. When exam time had come for the semester it was a little bit of light studying and Takashi breezed through them without a care. He usually didn't check the rankings because he never had much of a reason to but Sun and Akeno actually wanted to see where they were placed so Takashi tagged along as they went to check.

Sun: I'm so nervous!

Takashi: What for? 

Sun: I studied really hard and I'm worried that I'll still have a low ranking.

Takashi: It isn't that important.

Akeno: Takashi is right, the overall test scores are pretty high for this school so even if you're on the lower end that doesn't imply you came close to failing.

Sun: Really?

Takashi: Pretty much, Anyway we're here.

While Sun had started to calm down, being in front of the board made her nervous again. She started from the bottom and began climbing up to see where she ranked.

Takashi: Find it yet?

Sun: No! Did they forget to put my scores in? Was I dropped from the ranks?!

Akeno: I don't think so. 

Akeno was standing on the other end of the rankings board where it started from the number one rank with her finger pointed on the thirtieth spot.

Akeno: You just made the top 30.

Sun: WHAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!

Takashi: Not bad Sun.

Akeno: You did pretty good too Takashi. You're number fourteen.

Takashi: Oh really? I didn't think I was trying that hard but ok.

Akeno: You two should be proud.

Takashi: It's whatever, but where did you place Akeno?

Akeno: I don't know. I wasn't looking for my name.

Suddenly a loud shriek came from right behind Akeno. She clutched her head, dropped to the ground and started shivering from the shock.

Akeno: What the hell was that?!

Akeno looked back up to see who was responsible and to their surprise it was Mawari who was staring at the board with her jaw hanging.

Takashi: Everything ok Mawari?

Sun: That scream was almost as powerful as a mermaid.

Mawari didn't respond and remained in the same position focused on the board so Takashi walked over to her and followed her eyes to find what she was looking for and what he found was the top of the leaderboard with the name at number one being Akeno Shirainuin.

Takashi: Hey Akeno you got number one.

Akeno: What?

Akeno was still covering her ears so Takashi removed them from her head.

Takashi: You got number one.

Akeno:I did? That still doesn't explain why Mawari screamed to the point that I think my hearing suffered permanent damage.