Episode 15: A trip to Kyoto

During a peaceful night at Takashi's home where almost everyone had fallen into slumber, Maki and her new feline friend Mako were up watching some late night TV.

Maki: The more I flip through these channels the more I realize nothing is on late at night. Mako, got any ideas.

Mako meowed and shook his head no, so with a heavy sigh, Maki went back to channel flipping until Lunar walked past them mumbling with an angry tone.

Maki: Edomae, got a problem with something or are you trying to speak to the dead?

Lunar: Shut it tiny!......... Wait a sec, you could help me.

Maki: Two questions. One, help you with what? Two, why would I help you?

Lunar: One, you can help me break up Takashi and Akeno and two........because........Sun secretly has a crush on Takashi too!

Maki: You're lying.

Lunar: That was a quick judgement.

Maki: Because Sun tells me everything, including crushes so she would've told me if she had a thing for Mr. Neon.

Lunar: But think about it, if Sun did like Takashi and told you about it, what would you do after seeing him locked in Akeno's arms.

Maki: I'D BLOW HIS FREAKING HEAD OFF! I DON'T CARE IF HE HITS ME WITH SMOKE OR CONCRETE! I'LL MURDER THE LITTLE BASTARD FOR NOT LOVING SUN WHEN SHE LOVES HIM SO MUCH!!!!!

Maki was wrapped in a flaming aura as she held her shell with pride and fury. However, Mako yawned and pinned Maki to the ground before snuggling up against her and going to sleep.

Maki: Stupid cat.

Lunar: Back to our problem. Now think about what you just said. Since Sun knows you so well, wouldn't she purposely choose to not tell you she had a crush on Takashi?

Maki: I'm not following.

Lunar: Sun doesn't want Takashi to be hurt, especially for her sake so why would she tell you knowing you would go for his head?

Maki:.......she wouldn't.

Lunar: Exactly my point.

Maki: Still you have no proof.

Lunar: Oh give me a break Maki. Akeno loves him, I love him, Ren constantly talks about how good looking he is when she gets drunk. The man is a walking mermaid magnet. Sun is just better at concealing her feelings because she thinks others happiness is worth sacrificing her own.

Maki: But Sun's happiness is more important than anything!

Lunar: Nothing would make her happier than to hold Takashi's hand in marriage.

Maki: We have to take Akeno out of the picture!

Now having Maki wrapped around her finger, Lunar turned and snickered maniacally.

Lunar: Hook, line and sinker.

Maki: What's the plan?

Lunar: I'll fill you in later but I'll tell you this. We will strike on the school field trip to Kyoto.

Maki: I'll make preparations.

Lunar: Understood, now get rest soldier.

Maki: Yes mam. Just know that once Akeno is out though, I come for you next.

Lunar: I'm well aware but let's worry about Akeno first.

The next day in the afternoon, everyone arrived at Kyoto for the start of the school field trip. They were supposed to drop off their bags at the hotel but everyone was so filled with excitement that they left there stuff on the bus and went out to explore. The faculty split up, half went to the hotel with the kids' stuff while the other made sure the kids stayed out of trouble. Takashi and his friends made their own group to explore.