Episode 10: A Rival Arrives

The war never truly ended between Sun and Luna but it dialed down to where classes were somewhat normal and since Akeno had been gone for so long, nobody wanted to look like a traitor by flocking to her so she was safe. More importantly Takashi was free to talk to her without getting glares so maybe this was better than he expected.  Even in homeroom as long as he spoke to Akeno he didn't get any glares and it brought a smile to his face.

Akeno: You seem cheerful.

Takashi: Just glad to have you back.

Akeno: Sorry it took me so long. You tell me about what happened while I was sick but something tells me that you hold back on the details for my sake.

Takashi: Don't worry, what I said is what happened exactly. Luckily it's over at least until the next problem arises.

Akeno: As long as it isn't as bad as the war we had to break up I'll face it head on.

Takashi: I'll just stand behind you then.

Akeno: Hey!

They shared a good laugh even though it got them scolded by Gozaburo for disrupting the class. It didn't do much to deter Takashi's confidence for actually having a good day at school and as classes went smoothly he was in the home stretch with gym class. They decided to use the gymnasium because the heat was a bit extreme and the game they were playing was volleyball. Takashi was sitting against the wall of the gym with the other students while the teams were being made but the sound of a siren caught everyone's attention.

Mawari: Is that the fire alarm?

Lunar: That doesn't sound like a fire alarm.

Sun: It sounds more like-

Akeno: A SUBMARINE!!!

Suddenly the floor beneath them began to rise and shatter causing the kids to scatter from the unknown attacker (but I'm not a rapper) that arrived in a military grade submarine. As it finished rising the sub remained inactive until someone opened the entrance hatch and walked out with a loud and obnoxious laugh.

?????: I am looking for Takashi Michishio!

While everyone was staring at the boy that stood at the top of the vessel that ripped through the gym, Akeno quickly found Takashi who was hiding amongst the crowd.

Takashi: Think if I hide he'll go away.

Akeno: It's worth a shot.

Takashi: Do you know who this guy is?

Akeno: Sadly yes, his name is Kai and his family creates submarines and weapons for navies and military across the globe.

Takashi: So what I'm hearing ins that this guy can start world war 3!

Akeno: Unlikely, this is more of an intimidation tactic. He's actually pretty frail although thinks he possesses physical superiority as well as mental.

Takashi: So he's a little shit that thinks he's God.

Akeno: A retreat still might be a wise decision to avoid confrontation. Shall we try to sneak out to the exit?

Takashi: Lead the way.

Akeno held out her hand to Takashi and while he was a bit flustered he took a firm hold of it as she slowly led Takashi through the crowd to avoid drawing attention.

Takashi: Wish we had some kind of distraction.

Kai: Does nobody know the location of Takashi Michishio?!

Chimp: Even if we did know we wouldn't tell to someone like you!

Takashi: Chimp you're a life saver!