Episode 13: More than a Soldier

Akeno rushed outside of the house just in time to see the limo drive off with Takashi inside.  She was distraught and didn't know what to do. Was Takashi really going to marry Lunar? Akeno could't tell for sure but she knew someone that might be able to give her some kind of answers or at least point her in the right direction in terms of what to do next. Meanwhile Edomae and Lunar took Takashi to the main house of the Edomae family which was under the sea. Takashi, however, got a special place just for him in nearby stone structure. It was a cave surrounded by water with a lone rock for him to rest until the preparations for the ceremony were made. While he was there Takashi was kept under constant surveillance along with a constant way of keeping him grounded. Every time he came close to regaining consciousness Edomae's men were ready to rise up and gas him back to sleep. It became necessary since it was made clear to Edomae that Takashi would sooner fight to the death, rather than raise Lunar. He kept a close eye on him as Takashi slept. Back at Takashi's house, Sun was keeping Takashi's parents calm while Akeno was on the phone with her boss.

Yoshino: Akeno, babe what's up? You never call.

Akeno: Sir, Takashi was taken by the Edomae family.

Yoshino: He what?!

Akeno: Their leader dragged him out of the house! Takashi wasn't even conscious and Edomae wants to force him to marry Lunar!

Yoshino: That's really not good.

Akeno: Is there anything you can do?

Yoshino: Yes, but I'm not going to.

Akeno: What?!!

Yoshino: Look I'm gonna explain the situation now. Edomae has always been a man that does his own thing so I don't mess with his things and he doesn't mess with mine. It's how our relationship works. I could go to war with the family and win but how many of my own will be lost in the process? Takashi is a good kid but he isn't worth the trouble.

Akeno: B-but.......but he.......

Akeno's hands were shaking, sweating and Yoshino could hear the quivering in her voice. She was on the verge of breaking down.

Yoshino: There is something that you can do but the chances of you actually walking out alive are not high at all.

Akeno: What is it?

Yoshino: You can go and fight for him.

Akeno: Alone?

Yoshino: Told you your chances of surviving weren't high. On top of that you would need to declare this as an action of your own volition so that Edomae doesn't try to come for me. 

Akeno: I'm one going against an army.

Yoshino: Worst case scenario, and the likely one, you die but who knows, maybe you won't.

Akeno: There's no way I'm surviving a fight like that.

Yoshino: So I guess Takashi has a new wife. Should I expect your return soon?

It was then that Akeno hung up the phone. 

Yoshino: Looks like I said the magic words. Best part is that whether she succeeds or fails in the end, I win.

Akeno walked past the living room where Sun was still working on keeping Takashi's mother in the right state of mind. She quickly walked up the stairs to her room and quickly went to the closet. As she opened the door and moved her clothes aside she pulled out her katana as well as a blade that was much larger, a massive broadsword with a special handle but the blade was covered in cloth and rope. As Akeno examined the blade she held it in her hands with a strong sense of doubt for the power that this blade possessed she had never been able to awaken. The sword itself didn't even see her as worthy to allow her to remove the cover on the blade but if there was anything that gave her a chance against Edomae, it rested with this blade. Akeno then heard the front door of the house open and rushed down to check who had arrived. She found herself surprised to see that it was the Seto family, Gozaburo, Ren, Masa, and Fujishiro with Maki on his shoulder.