Episode 14: Cat Attack

Takashi's safe return was nothing short of a miracle that couldn't escape Akeno's mind. If something like that happened again she knew that she wouldn't be so lucky a second time. If only she could draw her sword but for some reason it continues to reject her. She couldn't understand why and no one in her family was willing to tell her the reason so she went to the only knowledgable person who might have some information on what the sword wants from her.

Ren: Yeah, I know about the history of that blade.

Akeno had met Ren in the nurse's office before school began. Akeno sat on one of the nursing beds while Ren did paperwork at her desk.

Akeno: Is there anything you can tell me about it? Why does it reject me? What do I have to do to unlock it's power?

Ren: Well to understand that it's best to look at the sword's previous owners. I'll give you the short version, they were a very diverse group of characters. We're talking centuries before the blade fell within the hands of your family and its been there for a while.

Akeno: What kind of people were they?

Ren: Heroes, villains, warriors, murderers. Like I said, a very diverse group of characters. They could've been spilling blood for the greater good or spilling it because it thrilled them yet the sword still gave them its power to help them do so.

Akeno: But that doesn't make any sense. What could a righteous man have in common with someone who would stoop to the lowest of levels.

Ren: I have an idea of what it might be but I think it might be better if you find the answer yourself.

Akeno: Ren, I don't have time to go soul searching hoping for some damn epiphany.

Ren: Even more reason for you to find it on your own.

Akeno: Can I at least get a hint?

Ren: You want a hint? Fine.

Ten stood up from her desk and stepped in front of Akeno. She then held out both her hands and moved them closer to Akeno's body until her left hand has on Akeno's head and the right was on her chest, her thumbs pressing hard at the center of both. Akeno could feel the hand on her chest pressed against her beating heart.

Ren: You probably don't understand but this is all I'm giving you.

Akeno: Well you've given me more than anyone else ever could. I appreciate it.

Ren: Good, you should get going. School is about to officially open.

Since Akeno had left the school early and going to school with Lunar and Sun alone didn't seem like the best idea, Takashi skipped breakfast so he could get out of the house early. It had been a while since he had walked to school on his own. Gave him time to just appreciate the town and the people. It was relaxing and those moments didn't come often so he was gonna cherish it for as long as he could, that was, until he walked passed an alley where something in the dark lunged out at him. The only thing that could be heard was Takashi's quick scream. Meanwhile, back at school class was about to start but everyone was wondering where Takashi was.

Sun: He left without breakfast, maybe he stopped somewhere for a bite.

Lunar: If he got sidetracked it must've been important. Or maybe he's cheating.

Akeno: Did you say something?

Akeno had sadistic smile on her face and the fact that she somehow had her katana in class didn't make her any less terrifying.

Lunar: I'm just joking!

Akeno: Stick to being everyone's bitchy princess and leave the jokes to chimp.