9

AN: As of today, I've only started this story a week ago, and I already have 5K reads? What did I do to deserve you guys? I'd like to thank you all, again, for getting me here. Especially those I see who vote on every chapter, and those who comment on every chapter. You guys are awesome. Anyways, onto today's chapter!

ALSO, I would like to say where I got this chapter inspiration from! It's from the video attached to the chapter. I did most of the questions from the sets on there.

|--| |--| |--|

The next morning, Newt woke up on his own and immediately smelt coffee. Knowing that meant ______ would be up too, he got out of bed, only to be immediately met with the cold of the air this morning. He shivered and grabbed his jacket, deciding to wear it inside the house today. He walked out of the room and headed into the kitchen, where ______ was making coffee on the stove and biting into a cookie. He observed her for a moment. Even when she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing, she seemed to present herself flawlessly. Her beautiful, shining eyes were watching the coffee pan, waiting for it to cool enough to pour it into something. He noticed, when looking at her, she was wearing a jacket too. Finally, Newt decided to make his presence known. "Good morning."

______ subconsciously smiled when she heard his voice, turning around and seeing him. "Good morning, Newt," she said. "Sorry that it's cold, I turned on the heater right as I woke up, so it should be heating up soon. You should look out the window. It started snowing like crazy last night, and it's still snowing. It's a storm out there."

Newt walked towards the window, pulling back the drapes and looking at the city below. Sure enough, it was snowing heavily, and he could hear the wind shake the window. Closing the drapes, he looked over at ______. "You don't plan on walking to work this morning, do you?" he asked her, worry in his voice.

______ shook her head quickly. "Of course not. I don't think I'd be able to stand walking in all that snow." As she spoke, the lights started to flicker in the house. "Since I'm not going to work though, I thought I'd finally have time to make a proper breakfast. I have some eggs, and-"

Right in the middle of her sentence, the lights flickered again, and there was some sort of large electric noise, and suddenly all the lights went out. It got super dark, especially considering ______ kept all the drapes closed in hopes it would slow the cold. "______?" Newt called out, only being able to see her outline.

"Power must've gone out," ______ stated, like it wasn't already obvious. Newt didn't mind though, he was just glad to hear her voice.

Pulling out his wand, Newt chanted, "Lumos." The tip of his wand illuminated, filling the room so he could make out ______'s face. "Now what?" he asked, looking to her for answers. He couldn't remember the last time he had been caught up in a power outage.

"Let's open the drapes," she told him, heading over and watching her step so she didn't fall. Pulling them open, Newt put his wand away as a dim light filled the room. ______ felt a shiver go down her spine. "So much for heat," she complained. "The heater isn't going to run now."

Newt thought for a moment, then thought of an idea. "Follow me," he told her. Before he knew what he was doing, he took her hand in his and ran to his room. She was shocked at first, but squeezed his hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. Once they got to the room, Newt looked over at his suitcase. "We can go in there, I have candles and light in there, so hopefully it'll be warmer."