12

The next day seemed to pass by in a blur. After ______ decided that she would go with Newt, she had to contact her family and tell them she wouldn't need help with expenses on her apartment anymore. They thought it was because she finally got a better job, but when she told them the real reason, they were surprisingly supportive. They were all for her getting out of New York. They knew how much the city drained her, and how much she's always wanted to leave. So, they let her do it.

The next thing she had to do was talk to her landlord. Obviously, she couldn't take all of her stuff with her to Britain. She already knew what she was going to bring, but as for the rest of the stuff, she told the landlord to just include it with the apartment next time they try to sell it. Considering she was still on a one-month contract, it took some time to get the landlord to let her off, but she finally did it.

Considering those two things alone took up the majority of her last day, it wasn't surprising when she woke up and she knew it was the day. The day they were leaving. She couldn't wait. It was goodbye life in New York, hello life in Britain.

With Newt.

With Newt.

That thought send chills down her spine. She didn't have to move out alone, she got to move somewhere new with him. He always seemed to bring a smile to her face, it was just something about it. It wasn't just his magic that made her happy, it was his smile, his personality, how he knew how to treat her. Thinking on it, she couldn't imagine moving out with anyone else.

She got up from her bed, changing into different clothes and packing for the last time, getting all the stuff she couldn't pack before. After double checking she had everything, she went over to Newt's room to check on him. She walked down the hallway, peaking her head into his room. "Newt?" she called out.

No answer.

"Newt?" she called out again, stepping inside. To her surprise, he was still sleeping. She walked over to the side of the bed, looking at his sleeping face. She knew she had to wake him up so they could get to their boat on time, but looking at him like this... he was very cute when he slept. She knelt down to his level, looking at his sleeping face. Whatever he was dreaming about, it was making him smile softly. His eyes were closed so gently, and she thought she could probably count his freckles to pass the time if she wanted to-

Her thoughts were interrupted when suddenly Newt mumbled in his sleep. "______..." he mumbled, shifting slightly.

______'s face went red. Why was he saying her name? "Are you awake?" she asked suddenly. Maybe he was actually awake and saw her come in, he couldn't possibly be dreaming about-

Newt's eyes shot open as he heard her voice. "______!" Newt shouted, sitting up quickly. His face was red, how long had she been in there? Luckily, ______ was too embarrassed herself to notice how red his face was. Had he known she was staring at his face?

"Sorry!" she exclaimed, standing up again. "I was just coming on here to tell you that we should get going soon. I didn't mean to... uh... wake you up." She looked away. "I'm going to go make up coffee before we go!"

Getting out of his room, she was still embarrassed that he saw her staring at his face. Usually she didn't act like that, but she really did think Newt was cute when he was sleeping. However, Newt was too busy dealing with his own embarrassment. He knew he sometimes had a habit of mumbling in his sleep, he just hoped he hadn't said anything about that one. The specifics of the dream had already begun to slip away from him, but he knew one thing for sure: it had something to do with ______.

As the water of the coffee was boiling, ______ heard a knock at the door. Who's trying to visit me? ______ asked herself. She never got visitors, no one ever came to see her. The fact that there was someone knocking on her door on the day that she was going to be leaving made her curious. She walked towards the door, looking through the peephole.