1. New Friends & Bad Boys

Original Stats:
3.7K Views. 42 Votes. 7 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

New Friends & Bad Boys

━━━━━━━━━

Trish laughed at her best friend as she stumbled around the counter and reached for her songbook. She watched as Ally scribbled down notes and lyrics in the worn book that had been around since Trish could remember. Come to think of it, Ally almost never left the book behind. She always had it. Ally had always been wrapped up in a book or in a song. Sometimes, it was hard to get her attention.

"Ally?" Trish tried. Ally shook her head and turned to make her way up the stairs of Sonic Boom, the store Ally's family owned. The store was almost closed for the night so there was only one customer in the store. Trish sighed and followed Ally slowly to the practice room that sat above the rest of the store. It was completely boring in there. The walls were a washed out white that led onto the fact that this room, was meant for storage. There were boxes piled up in every corner. The boxes were even covering a small couch that sat at one end of the room. Trish sighed. The room's intent was never to be turned into a room where an aspiring artist could practice.

"Ally." Trish stated as she took a seat on the bench next to her best friend.

Ally closed her eyes for a moment, trying to calm herself. Trish always did this. She always interrupted her when she was in the middle of something. Yes, Ally did feel bad that she took away from their "hang out" time, but when inspiration hits, you can't miss it. You had to take the chances you get. One day, this song will be on the radio. Ally had no idea how it would get there, but it would. The stage fright couldn't stay forever.

"Yes, Trish." Ally breathed. Trish rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Well, the store is still open." Trish pointed out, not able to find another excuse for interrupting Ally's work. Ally's eyes grew wide.

"Shoot!" Ally hissed as she left the book siting open at the piano. She effortlessly descended the stairs and made her way to the waiting customer at the counter.

"Sorry about that. Let me ring that up for you." Ally reached for the trumpet in the boys hand. He looked to be about eighteen, her age. She had never met the boy before. He smiled happily as he watched Ally scan the tag hanging from the instrument.

"That will be 200 dollars." Ally recited. The boy nodded and reached into his pocket, pulling out a shabby excuse for a wallet. Ally cringed as the boy opened it to reveal recite upon recite, hanging from every end of the wallet. They boy found two crumbled hundred dollar bills and handed them over the counter to Ally. She smiled and spread them out on the counter, making sure they were the real deal. She nodded and placed the two bills into the cash register before printing another recite for the boy to forget. He took them happily and waved as he exited the store. Ally sighed and followed him, locking the door as he wondered out of the mall. Every store was closed long before Sonic Boom. But, because of the popularity, and the money her father needed, they were always open until ten pm every night. Ally spun on her heel and made her way to the practice room once more, where Trish stood waiting.

Trish sighed as she saw her best friend enter the room once more. She wasn't exactly in the mood to fight with her about something as simple as wanting to spend time together.

"What is it?" Ally asked, the exhaustion evident in her voice. It was Thursday, meaning the girls had school tomorrow and it was already late in the day.

"I just thought we would be able to hang out. I'm sorry Ally, I probably shouldn't have interrupted you." Trish rambled while Ally closed the songbook sitting alone on the old piano. She shoved the book into her backpack that had been sitting in the corner of the room since school ended. Ally took a deep breath as the reminder of homework waved around her like a rain cloud. She couldn't stand the fact that her father had left on yet another convention, thus, leaving her to run the store.