5. New Boys & New Trouble

Original Stats:
956 Views. 33 Votes. 3 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

New Boys & New Trouble

━━━━━━━━━

"Me, and you don't stand a chance." Dez stated simply. Austin huffed and took one step closer, trying to intimidate him.

"You're the one that doesn't stand a chance. I'm the-"

"King of the school? Yeah, right. It's not like you've told everyone that five times a day since we hit high school. Get over yourself." Dez argued. Austin frowned in confusion. He had never seen his once best friend like this. He had always seemed so docile and kind. Now, he had something different about him. This wasn't the kid who loved filming and wearing strange colored pants, this was someone who was willing to stick up for his friends... And Austin was not one of them.

"Well... Why don't you..." Austin left off. Ally felt her eyebrows raise.

"Austin Moon is at a loss for a comeback, I am shocked." Trish interrupted in feign surprise. Ally smiled brightly at her best friend.

"Come on, Dez. He's not even worth it." Ally mumbled as she grabbed Dez's hand and pulled him away from Austin. Dez glared back at the boy as Ally dropped his hand and waited for Trish to join them. Trish smiled slightly up at Dez and led him into the class room. Ally stood back for a second. She turned to see a hard look had overtaken Austin's face. He shook his head and walked towards Ally again.

"Will you talk with me after class?" Austin whispered. Ally frowned in confusion.

"Why?" She whispered back. He sighed.

"They obviously aren't going to listen to me. But like you said, you're different. Will you at least give me a chance?" Austin asked hopefully. Ally glanced behind her to see her friends had already started the assignment the teacher had out up on the board. Trish was laughing away at some joke Dez had told her. Ally frowned as she thought of losing that. She would never give up her friends for the bad boy. No matter how convincing he was at this moment.

"No." She answered warily before ducking her head down and scurrying off to class. Austin stood for a second. Watching as the girl retreated back to her world. In a way, he wished she would have stayed. He rolled his eyes and stomped off to the music room. He had a release at the end of the day. He couldn't let this one girl wrap up his time. Especially when this one girl, was his complete and total opposite. And you know what they say, opposites attract. Austin stopped dead in his tracks as he let that one thought replay in his head.

Opposites attack.

He didn't like Ally. He couldn't like Ally. He was simply going to use her for her talent. That was all. End of story.

"Can you believe that guy?" Trish whispered as their science teacher attempted to teach them physics. Every student in the class knew for a fact, they would never understand this.

"I actually can, Trish. That is exactly what I expected from that." Ally answered with a smirk. Trish glared playfully over at her best friend as Dez sat back and watched intently.

"Well of course you did! You've only been talking with him all day." Trish hissed. Ally brought her hand up to stifle her laughter as the teacher turned around.

"... And that is why..." The teacher continued. Ally shook her head, only catching bits and pieces of the lecture.

"What on earth is he talking about?" Dez whispered. Trish shrugged while Ally glanced over the equations on the board. Even she didn't know what was going on. It had been a long day, though. Ally nodded to herself. She had an excuse.