23. Partners & Parents

Original Stats:
622 Views. 18 Votes. 0 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Partners & Parents

━━━━━━━━━

"Austin?" Meme called into the room as she tried to open the door. Ally's face grew more worried before Dez shoved her forward, catching her arm as she almost fell to the floor. He pulled her along with him until they reached the door that held slightly open, revealing the big curls that hung from Meme Moon as she tried to open the door. Dez caugh onto the door handle and swung the door open, catching Meme off guard enough to throw her backwards. Dez pushed Ally through the door before he followed himself, closing the door soundly behind him.

"Dez?" Meme asked, sounding both surprised and mad. Ally smiled nervously as her boyfriend's mother looked her up and down in disgust.

"Hi Mrs. Moon." Dez greeted with a wave. Ally waved slightly as she leaned into Dez's side, hoping for the moment that her shortness compared to how tall Dez was would help her to blend into the situation rather than to stand out.

"And you must be the music partner that is ruining our son's life. Weren't you the one that was hanging off of him in the office earlier as well?" Meme interrogated as she held her arms over her chest in anger. She had no intentions of her son associating with people like her any longer. She showed of discipline and respect, but Meme could tell that she was only bringing more trouble to her son than meets the eye.

Ally smiled nervously before glancing down to the ground, hating that Austin had been right about them hating her. Austin's father was even glaring her down. She had always been liked by adults, until now. Their principle hated her along with their home economics teacher since the events of today. Might as well add Austin's parents to the list of people who have come to hate her within a day.

"I'm Ally." She squeaked before holding her hand out to them. She smiled politely as she tried to put up a good front for them. If they thought she wasn't affected by their rude approach, she might be able to work past it. Meme let her left eyebrow raise in suspicion of the girl. She shook her head as she looked at the girl's hand. She was never going to be on good terms with the girl.

"And how exactly did you and my son become... Partners?" Meme asked warily. She almost didn't want to know the reason. She feared that they were much more than just the word in choice. She could see the way Austin got mad at their mention of her earlier, plus the way Ally was trying her hardest to win the two over. Dez let his arm hang loosely around his friend's shoulders as a type of reassurance, trying to silently let her know he was backing her up.

"Well Austin and I both love music and I have stage fright so he thought we would make good partner since I can write songs and he can sing. Then we became friends." Ally explained as she tried to calm herself down. This was not going well whatsoever. She hated having to meet new people and instantly letting them into her life. Meme nodded slowly, looking to he husband who had been quiet even since their little meeting with Austin after they had left the school.

"Well you two are no longer partners. He has to focus on taking over the company, so..." Meme left off at a loss for words. She really had nothing to say to the girl.

"I'm sorry you feel that way but Austin can make his own decisions." Ally spit out before she was able to stop herself. She let her hand cover her mouth as the shock of her words hit her. She had never been so mouthy with anyone... Until today. She had said almost the same sentence to her father previously. Meme laughed in anger, seeming tired with the girl.