33. Graduations & Graditude

Original Stats:
779 Views. 24 Votes. 5 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Graduations & Graditude

━━━━━━━━━

Two months later

Ally plastered a smile onto her face as she pulled the gown tighter around herself. There was nothing for her to play with. Her hands felt strange not having anything in them. She sighed as she remembered the gold metal around her neck. she quickly clasped her fingers around the circled piece of metal. She turned to her right to see Trish just a few rows behind her. Her best friend smiled and waved before pointing to the stage. Ally turned back to see Dez was crossing the stage, stumbling over his gown as well and throwing his cap to the ground in the process. Ally held her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing at the sight. She glanced down to her own diploma, loving that she finally had it with her. She had graduated high school. It had been the toughest journey ever in the world, but she had done it.

"Ally." Someone whispered from directly behind her. She spun around, her smile faltering as she realized who sat directly behind her. Word of him dating Cassidy had spread like wildfire just after the two's breakup.

"What Elliot?" Ally snapped. The two had been so close since they were little, but since that moment when she saw him wrapped around the slut of the school, things had changed.

"Is he supposed to be here?" Elliot whispered as he pointed to the stage. Before turning, Ally realized Trish had already made her way up to the stage. Ally's felt her heart stop as the bleach blond hair shown bright against the morning sun. She had only ever seen him on the magazine covers lately. He handed Trish her diploma with ease before walking over to the microphone.

"Ally? I need to tell you something. But before I do that, I wanted to give you a song that I wrote. The first song that I've ever written actually. This is for Ally, Dez, and Trish." He breathed before motioning for a band to join him center stage. Ally stood, walking swiftly over to the edge of the stage along with Trish and Dez as the three watched the scene play out before them.

"Did you write this?" Dez whispered as he looked over to the teenage songwriter. Ally shook her head, none of the lyrics rang a bell in her head.

"I don't think so. Maybe this time he's actually telling the truth." Ally snipped without a second thought. The hurt still hit her as she watched the bad boy do what he loves, to perform.

"Are you sure you didn't write this? It sounds like you." Trish whispered as the three stood just under the stage, letting the lyrics flow out before them. Ally shook her head once more before one line stood out to her.

"I wrote one line of this. I told him that I had never been able to write it past that. I never thought he would write it, though." Ally explained in a hushed tone. She had genuinely thought she would never see this boy again. That, and in a weird way she was hoping she wouldn't. She could tell this song was coming from the heart.

There's no way I could make it without you.

Do it without you.

Be here without you.

It's no fun when you're doing a solo.

She couldn't stand to listen to the song when she knew the meaning behind it, but she knew that she had started this song for him, with one line in particular:

There's no way I could make it without you.

That was the one line she wrote, and somehow Austin finished it. She knew for a fact that this song was about Trish, Dez, and herself. She couldn't see why not. But she knew the second Austin came down to talk with them, she wouldn't be able to say no. She would give him a second chance to set things right. When in all reality, she didn't want to. She was still so completely in love with him, hung up on him even, and she hated herself for it. She had fallen in love with the evil, plot planning, bad boy. She wasn't sure if she could ever trust him again. But he obviously knew the way to her heart. He wrote her a song.