25. Making Points & Mystery Boys

Original Stats:
565 Views. 21 Votes. 0 Comments.

━━━━━━━━━

Making Points & Mystery Boys

━━━━━━━━━

Ally sat in silence as her father gripped his hands on the wheel. The two had been keeping their distance all weekend. But because she had needed a ride to school, and Trish was at a dentist appointment this morning (Her father had denied any askings for Dez to drive her... Or Austin, but she had never asked about that one), her father was reluctantly driving his daughter to school. Ally kept her arms pinned to her sides as she let her foot lightly kick her backpack that sat next to her on the floor of the car. Lester glanced to her as they hit the last stop light on the way to school. She could have driven herself, especially since Lester was leaving on another convention for the week. But he had once again, refused. He had supposedly taken away her diving privileges because of her, 'acting out', on Friday night. Though he wouldn't be able to keep track of her.

She kept her sights on the road ahead as he drove, not even sparing her a glance as they went on. She wished she could have snuck out earlier, he wouldn't have forced to drive her to school, otherwise. But of course, like the rest of the events since her father's home coming, she had perfect timing.

"Do you have everything?" Lester asked as he pulled into a parking place in front of Marino High. Ally nodded before opening the car door. Her father reached out and grabbed her arm before she was able to escape. She held back a sigh as she settled back into her seat, keeping the door cracked open as she did so.

"Ally, I don't have to leave today. If you're rebelling because-"

"I'm not rebelling, dad. And even if I was, it wouldn't be because you've been gone so much. I wanted to get away on Friday because we got into a fight. That's all. I'm not... Trying to do anything." Ally rambled angrily. She hated speaking with her father like this, but it needed to be done. She felt her teeth grinding together as she waited for his response. He always took forever to place his words in the right order.

"Stay away from that... Austin." Lester whispered. Ally's eyes widened as she shot around to face him. He couldn't be serious. But the look on his face told a different story.

"No, he's my friend, dad. You can't tell me who I can, and can not, hang out with. I'm eighteen, and I hate to keep using that, but I am. I am an adult-"

"No, you're not! Adults wouldn't do things like that! They wouldn't sneak out all night and not tell their parents where they're going! Adults wouldn't be hanging around with problem people like Austin! Adults don't make mistakes like that!" Lester interrupted, a harsher tone to his voice than Ally had ever heard from her father before. Ally rolled her eyes and pulled her arm from her father's gasp.

"Adults, make mistakes. But this isn't one of them. My only mistake here, has been calling you my father. You're never here for me anyway, why should I start listening to you now?" Ally hissed. "I've basically been raising myself." She mumbled before bolting out of the car and slamming the door behind her. She walked swiftly over to the front of the school before she was pulled over behind the corner of the door, coming face to face with the one person she had been hoping to avoid.

"Hello, Ally."

Austin let his head rest against the window of the car as he rode along in the back seat of his parent's truck. Meme kept her mouth shut as she glanced into the mirror to see the depression written all over her son's face.

"Austin, were sorry." She tried, hoping he would be instantly okay with them. But that had never been the case with Austin, and it never would.

"It's fine, mom." He mumbled. He perked up as he saw the school coming into view, this would be his way out. Eight whole hours, plus a little for getting home time, away from his parents. They in pulled slowly to the front of the school before Austin clicked his seatbelt off with ease and attempted to get away. He already felt weird enough without his leather jacket. That was his so called 'punishment'. That, and he wasn't to be with Ally for the next two weeks. Not that they would know. This weekend they would be leaving again. The anniversary of Moon's Mattress Kingdom was this weekend. Prime time selling opportunity, they would tell him. But again, he was fine with that. He liked living on his own better anyway.