Chapter One

Bridget Reed sat on her bed going through one of the last boxes she had forgotten to unpack when she moved in at the beginning of the week. In the box were pictures and scrapbooks that had been put together over the years since she was born. The last scrapbook that Bridget picked up had toddler scribblings and drawings all over the front and the back. She smiled and opened the scrap to the very beginning.

"What are you looking at?"

Bridget looked up to see the one person she loved more than anybody else in the world. Liam. The person she counted on for anything.

"Just a scrapbook that I completely forgot about." Bridget replied with a smile as Liam walked into the bedroom and sat down next to Bridget. He sat so close that their shoulders were touching. Liam wore just his light blue colored jeans with the top part of his boxer briefs showing.

Liam and Bridget have known each other well over twenty years; since the day they were born to be exact. After Liam broke up with his on again of again girlfriend, Danielle, he and Bridget confirmed their feelings for each other.

"Wow, I can't believe I remember that one." Liam chuckled as they came to a picture of him and Bridget after they had drawn all over each other when they were 4 years old.

"Every time I show someone this, they get amazed." Bridget said with a smile. Anybody who knew Liam and Bridget knew that the two were born just a few months apart and since their mothers were friends, Liam and Bridget were friends.

"Do you know where my blue button up shirt is?" Liam asked as he stood up and began looking around for the street.  Bridget leaned over the side of the bed and picked up the shirt.

"You left if on the floor. Just like every piece of clothing you own."

Bridget tossed him the shirt. Liam smirked and walked over to where he was standing in front of Bridget. He leaned down to where his nose was inches from hers, his hands on either side of Bridget's thighs on the bed.

"You know you love me." Liam spoke and then pressed his lips against hers. Bridget answered with a sigh and kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck. After a few more seconds, Liam pulled away before the kiss could get heated.

"Thanks babe, but I gotta get dressed."

He kissed Bridget's forehead and walked into the front room. As she followed him out, her butt vibrated signaling that someone was either calling her or sent her a text. Bridget pulled her phone out and saw that it was her mum calling again. She quickly opened the phone, clicked the ignore button, and closed it with a slight growl. Bridget looked up to see Liam looking at her and the look on his face told her knew.

"You're mum again?" Liam asked. She nodded and plopped down on the couch. Bridget's dog, a white Shiba Inu named Lady, and Liam's dog, an Alaskan Klee Kai named Loki, jumped on the couch with her. "How long has she been trying to talk to you?"

"Since last month." Bridget fell back on the couch, her arm over her eyes as she tried to keep herself from crying. "It's been the first time since she talked talk to me after our fight last year."

"Maybe you should try to talk to her." Bridget popped her over the back of couch and glared at him.

"You know my mum. You know what she did to me."

"I know, babe. But maybe it's time to attempt to forgive her."

"Maybe you're right but she shouldn't have done what she did." Bridget plopped back down on the couch and turned the TV on. When she was 10 years old, her parents divorced, and she was sent to live with grams and granddad. It had been two years later when she realized the reason why she was still with her grams and granddad making her think she was the reason her parents divorced. After ten years, Bridget's mum called out of the blue expecting Bridget to forgive her.