Chapter Twelve

Ever since Liam's confession, Bridget and Liam have gotten much closer. They decided that they've been away long enough from London and moved back into the same complex as the rest of the boys. At this point, Bridget was completely over the fight she and her mum had. While the boys and Liam were out, Bridget was home by herself with the dogs spending some alone together with them. Before Liam, Bridget was in a really bad relationship. Her last boyfriend, Connor, was a very controlling person. Bridget wasn't allowed to go anywhere without him freaking out thinking that she was cheating on him. He would often beat on her because of that that was the only thing she hadn't told Liam about until now. She still had scars on her back and stomach from when Connor would beat on her that Liam never noticed but she was worried Liam would get mad at her for hiding it. The front door opened interrupting Bridget from her thoughts and she looked up to Liam walk in.

"Hey beautiful." He greeted Bridget and bent down to kiss her. After she kissed him, he sat down and Bridget sighed. "What's wrong?"

"Liam, I need to talk to you about something." Bridget replied as Liam faced her.

"Of course. What's wrong?"

"You remember our talk about my last boyfriend?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, I kind of left something out about him."

"What's wrong babe?" Bridget sighed and lifted her shirt showing him the few scars on her stomach from where Connor had kicked her. Liam was surprised since he never noticed them before. He placed his hand gently on her stomach and rubbed the scars. "What did he do?"

"I was out with Sandy and come home to find him mad at me. He thought I was cheating on him so he beat me. Then he forced me to have sex with him. I finally go the courage and had him put in jail. My parents weren't there to help so I was forced to deal with it with only Sand there to comfort me. Bridget felt herself to start to cry. Liam reached over and wiped the tear away.

"Babe, why didn't you ever call me? I would've helped you."

"You were busy with Danielle and I didn't wanna mess up your life with my problems."

"Babe, we've been friends since we were born. I may have had a girlfriend at the time but you know I would drop everything at the drop of a hat just to comfort you. I'm not the kind of person who wouldn't be there for his best friend." Bridget pushed back the tears as more threatened to spill and she tried not to cry but they came out anyway. Liam scooted over and he wrapped his arms around Bridget and she rested her head on his chest. Bridget wrapped hers around back around him and he softly shushed her to calm her down. Every time Bridget talks about or even thinks about Connor, she always gets upset thinking about what he did to her.

"I would never do anything like to you." Liam said making Bridget look at him. Bridget had to turn around completely to get comfortable. "I promise you that I will be the last and best boyfriend you've had. And no guy will every treat you like he did."

"I love you Liam, so much." Bridget said responding to what Liam said.

"I love you and always will, Bridgie." Their lips touched sending electricity through their bodies. Liam picked her up and carried her into the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bridget snored softly using Liam's chest as a pillow as his hand rested on her side. Liam couldn't sleep because of everything Bridget told him and because he couldn't stop thinking about it. He was pissed at the guy who put scars on her body and it drove him insane that he couldn't help her. Carefully, Liam slid Bridget off and pulled the blanket up over her. He slipped his clothes back on and walked out to the balcony feeling the cool, soft wind blowing. It calmed his nerves helpfully.