Chapter One: Off to a great start

Maeva's point of view

''Mesdames et Messieurs, dans quelques minutes, nous allons atterrir à destination. Il est à présent six heures moins le quart, et la température touche les trente-quatre degrés. Pour votre sécurité et votre confort, veuillez rester...''.

Enough with the gibberish, lady! In case you haven't noticed, I'm a bit busy at the moment. You could come back later and tell me all about whatever incredibly boring thing you were just saying. Now, where was I? Ah yes... Mr. Tatum, what is it that you fancy for dessert?

"Veuillez vérifier et collecter tout objet personnel que vous pourriez avoir apporté à bord.'' 

I swear that I've heard that voice before. Is it not the lady from that infomercial? Just place that belt on your belly, and say hello to a slim body! I must say that you were pretty convincing, lady. Why don't you keep selling your magical belt thing and let me enjoy the remainder of my evening with that lovely specimen before me?

''En espérant que le voyage était confortable...''

This woman has seriously started to tap on my nerves. Can someone please shoo her away? All I want is a peaceful date to spice up my nonexistent love life. Is that too much to ask? Now how do I turn this R-rolling creature off?

''Nous sommes ravis de vous revoir à bord très prochainement. Passez une excellente journée...''

''Alright, alright! No need to shout! Just give me five more minutes!'' 

What is the matter with everyone trying to ruin my lovely evening? It's not like I'm late for class or something! Pft! Channing and I are not done with our dinner yet! Have some respect, people!

Ahh... Now we're talking, lady! Why did you not play this heavenly music instead of rambling and talking to yourself? It's so calm and relaxing... Hmmm...That's much better! Now I can finally enjoy my Fondant au Chocolat!

I dig my spoon in the middle of the sponge-like cake and smile as heavenly lava finds its way to the immaculate frozen ball of milk and vanilla. Soon enough, the meticulous plate presentation's ruined, and every bit of it drowns in hot molten chocolate. Water starts forming in my mouth, and temptation is too hard to oppress! Only if I could dig in with my hands and lose my fingers in the silky lake of goodness. Control yourself! We don't want to scare our hunk of a date now, do we?

Just as if the man could read my mind, he lifts a spoonful of his matching edible gem and is about to place it in my mouth when repetitive jabs pound on my elbow in such force that I barely manage to refrain the scream stuck in my throat.

Just breathe in and out, in and... Trying to compose myself, I ignore the infuriating nudges and bend slightly with my mouth half-opened. The silver spoon is only inches away from my lips and I can already feel the chocolate and strawberry scents dancing their way to my nostrils. Suddenly, another tap violently rams against my hand, and everything around me seems to have escaped the clutch of gravity.