Chapter Twenty-two: The horny slumber-pal

Maeva's point of view

"Have they done it?"

"James, they're fully clothed. Oh, Julia, look at your brother's bulge..."

"Ewe, Kimberly! Why did you have to point that out?!"

"Point what out?"

"Oh, Jackson! It's nothing, Kimberly was just teasing me!"

"Okay, oh... look at those two in here."

"Awe, aren't they sweet together? I say we throw an ice bucket on them!"

"Kimberly, as much as I hate to admit it, but I agree. Great minds think alike"

"James, don't encourage her! Please!"

"Does that mean that they're together?"

"Michael, my friend, allow me to enlighten you. My cousin and his neighbor are the most complicated beings you could ever meet."

"True, you can never tell with them! Even psychology's at awe at their relationship."

"Oh look! Mister morning NPT is finally up!"

"Hey, what are you guys doing in here?"

"Hey bro! Well, it's already noon, and we haven't seen you two since last night."

"But apparently, you've been busy!"

"James, shut up!"

"What did I say now, Kimberly?"

"Stop it already, both of you! Mark, what are you doing here with Maeva?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Julia? I was sleeping!"

~~○~~

Agh, my head! Why does it hurt so much?! Could someone please turn the TV off? Whatever program that is, it has better stop right now because it's annoying as heck.

Mm, that cologne, I've smelled it before. It seems so familiar, so exquisite... Yup, now I remember. It's the musk fragrance Mark always wears. Only if he wasn't such a mule!

"Maeva darling, are you enjoying yourself?" Okay, now the TV's talking to me. Did I not take my pills yesterday?

"Stop it, Kimberly. She looks adorable!" Suddenly, the warm pillow I was purring on starts moving in an up and down motion, as a deep chuckle resounds in my ears. Lazily opening my lids and focusing on the landscape before me, I narrow my eyes and try to forgo my glasses. However, myopia is hanging to my cornea as stubbornly as a fly stuck on a glue trap.

"Maeva?"

That voice, I know. I've heard it millions of times before. Never in my life have I felt it, though. Its deep vibrations run through my entire body and no other feeling compares. It's like seeing a smell, hearing a texture, or tasting a color. I was actually touching that voice and feeling it run through my entire body. In split seconds, my lids are wide parted and realization dawns on me. I'm sleeping on Mark's chest.