Epilogue (Part one)

Maeva's point of view

~~~~~~○ Several months later ○~~~~~~

"Aghh, stupid conditioner! How did it even get into my eyeball?"

After a solid hour in the shower, I finally manage to rinse off all of the product that's dripped from my hair all the way to my face and through every crack in it, for that matter. And when I say every crack, I mean eyes, ears, nose, mouth... every freakin' crack. For once in my life, I managed to wake up early to get ready, but this has to happen and so I'm back to running against the clock.

"Where did I even place the towel?" Barely able to see what's around me, I almost break my hip while stepping away from under the showerhead. Considering that I have no glasses on my nose, and being engulfed in an overwhelmingly thick cloud of fog, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

'The conditioner bottle exploded in your hands, you're barely able to walk and can't even find a towel. You need to correct your definition of doing good.'

Shhhh... I'm in such a good mood that even you, stupid conscience, will not get on my nerves. Now, where's that towel? Didn't I put it in here earlier?

'You mean when you woke up, eyes barely opened and hands extended zombie-style?'

Well... Good point. I was barely awake before water hit me in the face. That doesn't matter now, I'll dry myself in the room. After nearly touching every single tile on the bathroom wall, I finally lay hand on the doorknob and twist it open. The moment the door flies open, cold air hits me, almost immediately, drying the drops of water still laying on my skin and sending shivers down my spine as I hurry to find the towel. Finally recognizing its soft fabric after touching at least a dozen different types of clothes in the closet, I wrap myself in it and smile as the faint smell of vanilla tickles my nostrils.

"Maeva, it's almost nine. Hurry up!" screams Mom from downstairs. What? Nine o'clock? Shoot, I thought it was only seven! I run to the bed stand and find my glasses. Having them back on my nose, I can finally see the world clearly again, and boy does it feel good to be finally able to recognize things from afar, without having to touch them.

Knock, Knock. With only one side of the panties hanging on my left thigh, I shout a "What" from the top of my lungs and wait for a reply. Nothing but the sound of my feet stomping on the ground resonates in the room while I try to shove my leg in the thighs that seem too small to even fit in my hand.

Knock, knock.

"For the love of God, whoever's knocking just speak already!" 

I bet that's Anthony just bothering me for no particular reason. Turned to face the door, I try to clasp the bra's back as my arms almost fall out from all the stretching they're enduring. Suddenly, a hot wind blow hits me from the back while a loud wolf whistle echoes in my ears. For a brief moment, I freeze in place. It is only when the heavenly musk fragrance reaches my nostrils that I realize what just happened.