Chapter Thirty-one: Marky-Mark

Maeva's point of view

Firsts. As a girl, I spent my entire existence anticipating those magical firsts that shall turn my life from a cringy comedy to an amazing romantic comedy or even better, a full-on romance. Having failed miserably at handling several of my crushes, I do not intend to let the next grand "first" go to waste.

The first kiss...Although I do believe that a hug is much more genuine than kissing and sucking faces, I still waited for that moment like one would wait for a miracle to happen on a Christmas Eve. I hoped and prayed that my first kiss wouldn't be shallow or meaningless like the one you'd get while playing spin the bottle. 

Keeping the first guy that kissed me was the least of my worries, all I wanted was an experience with no regrets. And so, I saved myself all of the kids' drama and avoided any event that could potentially lead to that infamous dull kiss. 

I went to middle school, and it did not feel like the right time to ride the love train. In high school, and despite the load of guys I was crushing on, I was not able to imagine myself having them be part of that superior moment. This leads us to where I am right now: single as heck, fresh college grad, and virgin lipped.

'Okay, who's tired of her stupid unfounded philosophy?'

Agh, you again!

'No, it's you again! With those stupid little reflections of yours. If I were you, I'd stop reading those silly books, it's not like they've done you any good'

Shh, I'm trying to concentrate!

'Concentrate? It's not rocket science you know?! Besides, he's already too close for you to back away. Now don't be a coward and kiss him like you mean it! I will not let you embarrass us.'

"You can't get away now, there's no one here, and the nearest airport is miles away." Mark's horse voice sends chills down my spine and I can feel my cheeks set on fire. Having his face only an inch away from mine, he's most definitely sensed the heat emanating from me.

As if that gap between us was a long distance to be traveled, I have all the time in the world to contemplate him. He's gazing at me with those deep forest-green eyes of his and his lips are slightly twitching on one side as if I needed another thing to blush at. Suddenly, the infamous smirk fades away, and the green I was getting lost in hides behind his closed eyelids. Soon enough, I am the one sensing the masses of heat he's blasting towards me.

Dear Lord, what's happening to me right now? I can't move, my legs are stiff and no matter how much I try to open my mouth, it stays shut as if zipped.

'Abort mission. I repeat, abort mission!'

Suddenly the heat I was sensing turns into gentle warmth when I feel soft skin brushing on my lips. It takes me a moment to understand what just happened, and my body's still as stiff as ever.