Chapter 7

Shaak Ti was surprised with herself as she yet again stood in front of her fellow council members. She had expected that she would fall apart again, but to her amazement, she was calm. The truth was that she had made peace with the probability that these would be her last few minutes as a member of the Jedi Order. Expulsion was the harshest punishment that the council could bestow on her and since she had made peace with that, she was no longer afraid. If, by some miracle, the judgement was anything else then she knew she would have gotten off lightly. Nevertheless, she was slightly uncertain about what she would do now. Shaak had been a Jedi since a very young age and had known nothing else. Since she was approaching forty three years of age, she knew it was very late in life to find alternative employment, especially with the war on. In her mind, she deserved this; she deserved to lose everything. After all, so had her daughter, Ahsoka; and in Ahsoka's case, it was not her fault. Shaak briefly scanned the Force. The feelings that she sensed in her fellow council members were just as varied and confused as they were when she first came in front of them. However, she was able to determine that some kind of unanimous decision had been reached although she could sense that it had been with some duress on some parts. Internally, she sighed. It really did seem that she was right. She called on the Force and for the first time since she had learnt that her daughter had left, she touched the serenity that she had been known for. "Calm you are?" Master Yoda asked finally opening his eyes. Shaak lowered her head and nodded. "I will accept any decision that you all make. I know that I will be expelled. I have made peace with that. I will never forgive myself for the damage that we did to Ahsoka, however." 

Master Yoda leaned forward. "Let go, you must or devour you, it will." Shaak Ti lifted her head. "I can't master. Ahsoka is my daughter. I....I don't expect you to understand. Besides, the attachment won't matter soon." The council members looked at each other before they all again focused on Shaak. Master Yoda concentrated on Shaak. He knew that she would say some kind of emotional response and the truth was that it did concern him.However they were only here to deliver a verdict. "Commit you to meditative retreat, we do. Two months you may have, away from the temple. If re­centre yourself you do, remain within the Order you may." Shaak stood in shock. She was certain that she would've been expelled on the spot, like they'd done with Ahsoka, but she had a chance. Sure, she would have to spend two months away from the temple, but it was still a chance. However, in reality, she knew it was hopeless. She doubted that she could re­centre herself in two months, so in reality, she was probably still out. Still, this was a shock and her voice stuttered as she asked, "W.....w.....when do I have to leave?" Master Windu leaned forward. He wasn't completely happy with this decision, but he had to admit, it was better than her getting away with it completely. "We will provide you with a ship, but you must be out of the temple by this time tomorrow and you must not return for two months. We will give you our final judgement then." Shaak nodded. Mace Windu's attitude towards her had brought a few more tears to her eyes. It reminded her of his attitude towards Ahsoka as she begged to be heard. Had her fellow council members really learnt their lesson? That thought really worried her. However, she had learnt her lesson and vowed to heed people's words and feelings in future. In fact, because of that, she had come to a decision. 

"I understand and I thank you all for the chance. I don't.....I don't know if I can re­balance myself, but I will try....."
"Do or do not; there is no try," Master Yoda interrupted with a frown on his face. Shaak Ti sent a 'really?' look towards Master Yoda before she continued, "I will give it my best. Also masters, I don't want any more secrets so therefore, I have decided to come clean to Anakin Skywalker before I leave. I owe him my daughter's life." Obi­-Wan stroked his beard with worry. In his opinion, that was not a good idea. He knew that Anakin was angry and unstable after Ahsoka's departure. He had no idea how his former Padawan would react to Shaak if she admitted this to him. "I don't think that's a good idea. Anakin is...unhappy." Shaak dropped her head and her two front lekku hung in front of her. "I have to. I think it's one of the things I have to do." In response, Obi­-Wan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. This really wasn't a good plan, but if she really wanted to, then he couldn't stop her. "Master Ti, at least wait until the council meeting is over. Then I will come with you to see Anakin. Trust me; you don't want to see him alone right now."
"Alright," Shaak replied as her shoulders dropped."Very good," Master Yoda added; his eyes dropped to the floor as he spoke. "Dismissed, you are. Have today to prepare yourself you do. Report back in two months, you will." Her eyes slightly weepy, Shaak bowed and said, "Yes Masters." As she left the room, Shaak started to plan what she was going to say to Anakin. After all, it was likely that this would be the last time that she would see him since she didn't really expect to succeed. 

I hope you liked this chapter! Do you think the council made a good decision? And what will happen when Shaak tells Anakin about her being Ahsokas mother? How will he react?