Chapter 35

Ahsoka's POV

Ahsoka, Kanan and Shaak were chasing after the Inquisitor. It was difficult to keep up, he was really fast. 

"I've never had an Inquisitor run from me before!" Kanan said to the other two Force users.

"Maybe it's because he's outnumbered." Ahsoka guessed. So far, she'd only seen Inquisitors working in pairs or groups, never on their own. But she also remembered Kanan and Ezra telling about the Grand Inquisitor, who had always fought alone.

"He did seem surprised." Kanan said, thinking. "I don't think he was looking for us."

Shaak thought about that. From what she knew, Inquisitors always hunted alone, but if their opponent was skilled they always went for the kill. That could only mean that the Inquisitor wasn't hunting them... But if he wasn't hunting them...
"Then who is he tracking?" She said, finishing her thoughts as she came to a stop. her lightsaber deactivating.

Kanan and Ahsoka stopped, their lightsabers deactivating too.

Kanan heard Chopper grunt through his comlink. "You found the ship? Where?" 

Kanan listened as the droid bleeped his reply. "No, no. Forget it, no time! Get over there and find that ship. Do not let him take off!" 

He activated his lightsaber and began to run. "We'll follow your signal." Shaak and Ahsoka followed him, igniting their lightsabers.

Chopper bleeped something. "No, disobeying me is gonna be dangerous. Now get going!" Kanan yelled into his comlink. Then he continued to run, Ahsoka and Shaak close behind him.

Ezra's POV

Ezra and 'Old Master' were walking through the dark tunnels. Ezra had his lightsaber activated and was using it to see where they were walking. "How much further?" He asked.

"You worry about your friends?" Old Master asked him.

"They need my help." Ezra said, looking at him.

'Old Master' nodded. "Yes, and with good reason." He sighed. "The Inquisitor is powerful."

Ezra frowned and lowered his lightsaber. "Wait, you know about the Inquisitor?"

"He is my enemy." 'Old Master' said. "All Inquisitors and their masters are my enemies."

"Were... you a Jedi?" Ezra asked.

Uh, no. No, no." 'Old Master' said, shaking his head, stopping and turning away from Ezra. "But I was once a Force-wielder, long ago. Long, long ago."

"Then... you're a Sith!" Ezra said, and stood ready to fight him.

'Old Master' turned to look at Ezra. "The Sith..." He said slowly. "The Sith took everything from me. Ripped me from my mother's arms, murdered my brother, used me as a weapon, and then cast me aside. Abandoned me. Once, I had power, now I have nothing. Nothing..."

Ezra felt sympathy for him. "I know how you feel." He mumbled. "The Empire, it took away my home, and my mother, and my father!"

"And you want revenge." 'Old Master' said, understanding.

"I want justice!" Ezra told him.

"Yes, yes!" 'Old Master' said. "And you shall have it, for I have discovered the key."

"The key to what?" Ezra asked curious.

"The key to destroying the Sith." 'Old Master' said and he began to walk again.