Chapter 22

Shaak tried really hard not to close her eyes, but even though she tried as hard as she could, she couldn't keep them open for much longer... Her vision already began to get blurry. She began to breath slower. She tried her best not to give in to the tiredness, but she couldn't stay awake for much longer. She was so tired...
Ahsoka almost began to cry. She wanted to help her so much... But she didn't know how! She looked around, hoping to find anything that could help Shaak, but she didn't find anything.

Shaak suddenly felt a Force perescence she recognised as... Barriss Offee's. She was sure that Ahsoka hadn't felt it. She tried to lift her head, but she fell back. She was too weak. Ahsoka saw it and asked, "Master Ti, what is it?" Shaak tried to lift her head again, but she failed. She whispered, "Barriss..." Ahsokas eyes widened. "Barriss? What's with her? Is anything wrong?" Shaak looked at her and whispered, "She's here..." Ahsoka's eyes widened in shock. Barriss was here?! But... how? How did she knew that Shaak and Ahsoka were here? Ahsoka looked at Shaak who had laid back again. She knew that Shaak was far too weak for a confrontation with Barriss... But Ahsoka couldn't leave her alone! Not now...

Ahsoka bit her lips, then she decided to stay with Shaak. She was the one that needed Ahsoka that most. Maybe Barriss wouldn't come here and they'd be safe.
A few minutes later, Ahsoka wished she hadn't thought that. She looked outside the door and saw Barriss. She hesitated for a moment and looked over her shoulder at Shaak. Then she looked back at Barriss (who hadn't seen Ahsoka yet) and walked outside and closed the door behind her. Only then Barriss saw Ahsoka. She smiled evilly at her. "Well well well, look who we have here." Ahsoka growled angrily. "What are you doing here, Barriss?" Barriss laughed, "Isn't that obvious? Why do you think I'm here? To surrender?" Barriss laughed again. "I'm here to kill you, obviously. But where is your mommy? Oh wait..." Barriss grinned. "I killed her!" She laughed evilly.

'So she doesn't know that Master Ti is still alive... Alive, but deadly injured...' Ahsoka thought. 'I have to stop Barriss and get help for her before it's too late!' She looked at Barriss. "Barriss, why are you doing this? You don't have to do this! You can just go away and pretend you never saw me! Please, Barriss! I know that there's still good in you!" Ahsoka pleaded. She didn't know if it worked, but she thought that she saw Barriss hesitate. "Barriss, please! Remember that time on Geonosis? Our first meeting? Our first mission together? What happened to that time? We were best friends! Can we just... be friends again? Please?" Ahsoka said with tears in her eyes. Then she saw that Barriss had tears in her eyes, too. What Ahsoka had said was true: she wanted to be friends with Barriss again...

Barriss almost began to cry when she heard Ahsoka talk. Oh... If only Ahsoka knew how much Barriss wanted to be friends... But it was impossible... They we're on different sides now... She had no choice, her master would kill her if she didn't succeed... Barriss hesitated for a moment, but then her expression hardened. "No! We both have chosen our path, and yours is different than mine. We can't be friends, never again!" Ahsoka looked sad at her. "Barriss, please..."
"Don't call me that!" Barriss screamed angrily. "Barriss is gone! It's now only Darth Tirra! And you won't get away this time!"

Ahsoka felt sad. For a moment she'd thought that she could bring back Barriss to the light... But then she realised that Barriss was fully consumed by the Dark Side. As she said herself; Barriss was gone, it was now Darth Tirra. Ahsoka then ignited her lightsaber. The familiar green energy reminded her of the times she fought side by side with Jedi and Clones. She was happy that Master Plo gave it back to her, before he left. She stood in a defensive position when she thought of Master Ti. Her mother. Her mother who Ahsoka didn't know she had until she told her a few hours ago. Her mother who was deadly injured and who needed help as soon as possible.

Ahsoka Force pushed Barriss away from the building. Then she attacked her again and again, forcing her further away. They fought for a while, until Ahsoka didn't feel Shaaks Force signature anymore... No! She couldn't die! Ahsoka let out a breath of relief when she felt her. Shaak was alive, but barely. Ahsoka had to help her, and fast! She Force pushed Barriss into a wall, knocking her unconscious. Then she ran as fast as she could to the cantina (Selda's) to the Togrutan male behind the bar.

(That is Selda for the ones of you who hadn't realised it yet 😂 This is messed up but okay 😂Let's continue 😂)

"Please... Help... My mother... Injured..." Ahsoka said between breaths. Selda tried to calm her down. "Calm down, breathe. Can you tell me what's going on, slowly?" Ahsoka calmed down a little before she said, "My mother... She's deadly injured and needs help immediately. Please help me!" Selda immediately nodded and said, "Lead the way." Ahsoka turned around and ran back to the building, Selda following her. 'Mom...' She thought. 'Please hang on... I'm coming."

They got to the building and Ahsoka quickly opened the door. They got inside and they ran to Shaaks room. Ahsoka opened the door and immediately kneeled down to Shaak, who was laying on the ground, unmoving. She shook her carefully. "Master Ti!" She began to cry. "Mother... Please..." She heard Selda coming closer behind her and she felt his hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry for you." He said. "I'll leave you alone." He walked outside.
Ahsoka cried, "Mother... Please... Don't leave me..." She placed her hands and head on Shaaks chest and broke down in tears.

You have no idea how hard it was for me to write this 😢