Chapter 26

Shaak and Ahsoka both froze when they saw the Temple. It took them a while to believe what they saw.

They saw... Clones. Clones who were attacking the Jedi. Shaak and Ahsoka couldn't believe what they saw. Why would the Clones attack the Jedi? They have always trusted each other...

Shaak suddenly thought about the other Jedi Council members. What if they... She didn't want to think about that and ran to the Temple. Ahsoka followed her. "Mom, what are you doing? It's dangerous to go there!" She grabbed Shaaks arm and stopped her. Shaak looked at Ahsoka. "I have to go, the other Council members..." Ahsoka hesitated, "But the Clones..."

Shaak said, "You don't have to go, I can go alone. I don't want to put you in danger." Ahsoka shook her head immediately. "I won't let you go there alone! I'm coming with you!" Shaak hesitated but then nodded. "Let's go!" They ran to the Temple, avoiding the Clones.

When they got inside, they stopped. They saw the bodies of the younglings, laying on the ground. Ahsoka felt a few tears slide down her face when she realised that they were almost the same age as she was...
Shaak looked sad at the younglings. They weren't killed by the Clones, there were no blaster wounds seen... So that meant... Her eyes widened when she realised it. These younglings... They were killed... by someone with a lightsaber...

Shaak and Ahsoka looked at each other and they continued their way. Suddenly, they heard lightsabers clashing and they quickly went into that direction. When they got there, they saw a man with a red light saber fighting Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn, Agen Kolar, and Mace Windu. Shaak wanted to go and help them, but Ahsoka stopped her and looked at her. "Mom... Don't do it, please..." Shaak looked at her and then back at the Jedi. At that moment the Sith lord killed Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar. Shaaks eyes widened in shock. This couldn't be happening!

Shaak really wanted to help, but she knew that she didn't stand a chance against the Sith Lord. She'd definitely get killed... So she didn't do anything and just stood there, watching the fight in shock.
Mace Windu was the only one left, he was fighting the Sith Lord on his own. Then, finally, Mace managed to force the Sith Lord to drop his lightsaber. The Sith Lord uses Force Lightning on Mace, who uses his lightsaber to block it.

After a while the Sith Lord stops using Force Lightning, because he is too weak. Mace raises his lightsaber and is about to kill the Sith Lord, but then Anakin (who was also in the room, but Shaak and Ahsoka didn't see him) screamed, "No!!!!" and he cut off Mace's hand. The Sith Lord took that chance to use Force Lightning on Mace again, and Mace was flung out of the window and fell to his death.

Ahsoka and Shaak watched shocked. Why did Anakin help the Sith Lord? Ahsoka wanted to go to her former master, but this time Shaak stopped her. "Ahsoka, don't." She whispered. "We have to leave, now!" Ahsoka looked at Shaak and then back at Anakin, who was kneeling down to the Sith Lord. "I pledge myself to your teachings. To the ways of the Sith."
Ahsoka couldn't believe this. This couldn't be happening!
"Good. Good. The Force is strong with you. A powerful Sith you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Vader." Anakin bowed. "Thank you, my master."