Chapter 2

Leila opened her front door and immediately the scent of popcorn filled her nose and the cheers from the TV caught her attention. What in the world? Leila thought to herself. Devin was laying on the couch watching the football game not paying her any mind and Leila rolled her eyes when he gave her a lazy wave before Harmony's words came into mind. He isn't so bad Leila, get to know him.

"Who's playing tonight?" Leila asked as she dropped her stuff on the couch before grabbing two beers from the couch and sitting down, handing him one.

"Cowboys."

"Good that's my team."

"You watch football?" Devin asked incrediously and Leila rolled her eyes.

"Don't look so surprised."

"Sorry, I just never expected you to watch it."

"Well now you know. Now pass the popcorn," Devin hands Leila the popcorn with a chuckle before he turns his attention back to the game in front of him. The room is left in a comfortbale silence with only a few outbursts of "Fuck!" or "That's what I'm talking about!" As the game continued, Leila could feel her concentration shift from the TV to Devin. What's his game? She thought to herself. No one could be that perfect, what's his fault? 

"Leila!"

"Huh?" She asked snapping out of her daydream.

"The game is over. You okay?" Devin asked concerned and Leila nodded. "You sure?"

"Yeah but I did want to talk to you," she said as he stood up and headed to the kitchen. 

"What about?"

"Rules."

"Seriously?" Devin asked, his face full with amusement. "What do two grown people need rules for?"

"We need rules so this living arangement can be peaceful for the both of us. You saw what happened this morning, no rules caused me to go hungry and for you to have to take a cold shower."

"If you really believe that the only reason for me taking a cold shower was because you used up the hot water, you really are too innocent," Devin replied taking a seat beside her on the couch.

"Who called me innocent?" Leila asked, trying to ignore the blush that had crept up on her face. She had turned him on? How?

"Forget it, what are these rules of yours?" Leila opted to protest so she could find out more about who called her 'innocent' but changed her mind. What happens in the past stays in the past. 

"Rule number one, no eating my pie."

"But it was so good," Devin joked earning a glare from Leila. "I'm joking. Rule number two, no showers longer than fifteen minutes."

"That's not fair!"

"I can taste that pie now," Devin mumbled licking his lips and Leila's gaze locked onto his lips. I wonder if their as soft as they look, Leila thought to herself before snapping herself out of it. 

"Fine, no more than fifteen minute showers. Rule three, don't bring any women to my house."

"Aw hell nah, I object. That rule won't work and last time I check this was our hosue."

"Devin, I do not want any half naked women running up and down in our place."

"Alright, I keep that in my room," Devin said with a wink earning himself an eyeroll. "But same for you. No half naked men, except me of course."

"Speaking of that, next rule; keep your damn shirt on."

"Why? Does it distract you?" Devin asked moving in closer to Leila caused her to take a gulp. 

"No."

"Oh really?"

"Mhm."

"How about now?" Devin asked peeling off his skin tight shirt and revealing his perfect six pack abs. "Still not distracting?"

"Nope," she replied with her voice sqeaking and she mentally smacked herself in her head when he broke out into a full out grin. "Next rule; No flirting with each other."

"What do you call flirting?" Devin asked moving in closer until their bodies were inches away from each other. 

"Well um.. It's uh..."

"Something like this?" He asked before running his hands down her back and pulling her onto his lap. Leila squealed in surprise and he chuckled before placing his hands on her ass. "Is this considered flirting?"

"Definetly."

"What about this?" He asked placing a kiss on the side of her neck. Leila's eyes widened in surprise before Devin stopped and grinned. "Flirting?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Good to know," Devin replied before placing Leila back on her seat. "So tell me about yourself?" Leila's mouth dropped open at how quickly he changed the topic before she took a deep breath. If he can change the topic that quick, so can she. 

"Well I'm the youngest girl in my entire family; I have two older brothers and an older sister, I am currently studying Business and Dance and I work at Footlocker. What about you?"

"Well I'm an only child, I'm studying to be a physical theripist and I work at the campus radio."

"We have a campus radio station?"

"We do as of last week. It's something new they're trying."

"What time are you on?"

"7pm to midnight."

"Maybe I'll listen in one night," Leila says with a smile and Devin returned it.

"You defiently should." Silence takes over the room as Leila and Devin hold each others gazes. Unable to help herself, Leila bites her lips nervously and Devin grins before pulling Leila into his embrace. His arms wrap around her waist, falling right before her ass before he whispers in her ear.

"Night Lei." Devin quickly pulled away before jogging to his room leaving Leila alone to contemplate what just happened. 

"What a guy," Leila mumbled to herself before heading to her bedroom and closing her eyes to drift into the land of dreams where Devin seemed to always reside.