Chapter 8

Loong story but basically Wattpad kept deleting my chapters every time I updated it so now I'm in the process of re-writing them as well as keep up with the schedule. The remaining chapters will be up between Monday-Wednesday and Love and Blackmail remaining chapters sometime on the weekend. Aug Harter update on the weekend as well. I am catching up whether I like it or not. Now enjoy!!!

Leila's POV

"Leila wake up!" A strangely familiar voice called interrupting my sleep. Just ignore it, Leila, I told myself as I tried to grasp back the dream of me and Michael Ealy. "Leila!"

"Go away, I groaned as I watched Michael's beautiful face slowly dissolve away before the bright sunlight stuck my face with bright rays. "Ugh! What do you want?"

"Get up, we're going running," I raised an eyebrow in his direction before peaking over to my fightable where my clock rested.

"It is 6am in the morning on a Saturday, you are out of your mind."

"Leila, come on."

"Nope and close the door on your way out," I muttered pulling the blanket over my head as I snuggled closer to my pillow.

"Alright, you asked for it," Devin said and before I could react, the blanket was ripped off my body and I was swung over Devin's shoulder as he marched out of the room.

"Devin! Put me down."

"Nope, we're going running."

"Put me down and I'll go," I lied quickly.

"Nope. I don't trust you," Devin said before pushing open the bathroom door and placing me down. "You have ten minutes or else I'm coming in here after you."

"Why is this so important?" I asked curiously.

"Ten minutes," he repeated, ignoring my question as he walked out. Rude! Deciding it was too early to argue with Devin, I hopped into the shower and quickly bathed, enjoying the hot water on my skin and the tension leaving my body. Ten minutes must've passed quicker than I had anticipated because Devin's banging on the door interrupted my shower.

"Leila hurry up!" 

"I'm coming, damn!" Just to be spiteful I stayed in for another five minutes before turning off the water, wrapping my towel around my body and rushing to my room.

What to wear. I thought to myself before slipping into a Victoria secret sports bra and black addidas track suit. Pulling my hair into a high ponytail, I grabbed my armband and headphones before rushing out of the room just in time to see Devin throw on his shirt. 

"About time," he mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't rush me, besides its only 7am," I said slipping into my running shoes.

"Actually it's six, I figured you would take long so I set back your clock an hour," Devin admitted with a smile before my mouth dropped open. I was going to kill him. 

"Devin."

"Yes."

"Run," I muttered through gritted teeth before he took off with me hot on his tail. He was so dead!

***

"How much longer?" I asked gasping for breath as I jogged beside Devin who looked cool as a cucumber.

"Just another Kilometer or so."

"I hate you," I mumbled for the umpteenth time earning the same result; him chuckling. "Why are we even running this early this morning?"

"I want to show you something."

"Couldn't you google it?"

"Trust me, what I'm going to show you is worth waking up early."

"I highly doubt it," I replied before Devin turned around so we were face to face as he jogged backward.

"Why are you so negative?"

"Why are you so energized at 6:30 in the morning?"

"You get used to it, now answer my question."

"It's six in the morning, I apologize for not being as happy as you," I replied sarcastically.

"Apology accepted. We're here," he said before grabbing my hand and rushing me up the rest of the hill. The view from atop the hill was superb and I stood there awestruck as I watched the sun begin to rise; the soft yellow blending with the darkness as it slowly rose upward into the sky.

"Still want to google this?" He asked watching my expression. 

"This is amazing, how did you find this?"

"I grew up around here and I used to be a camper so one day me and boys deciding we wanted to go running and found this. Although around eight years old your not as awestruck your more terrified," he said with a small laugh causing me to smile.

"And now that you're older?"

"It's absolutely breathtaking," he muttered his gaze catching mine for a few seconds before looking back at the view. "You know, when I'm up here I feel more at peace than I am when I'm with the guys on the football team and I don't know why."

"I do. When you with the boys it's amazing to have people who care about you but when your here it's just you and your thoughts."

"Exactly," he said grabbing my hand into his with a smile before his alarm rang out. "We better head back now."

"Why it's still early?"

"By the time we get down your going to be starving so I put in some time so we can grab something to eat."

"Then we better get going," I replied with a small smile.

"You should come back up here with me again."

"Maybe, let's see how tired I am," I replied before he laughed and took my hand into his before leading us back down the hill. Surprisingly it took a lot less time to get down and before I knew it, Devin and I were sitting in Denny's laughing like old friends.

"So are you excited for tomorrow's game?"

"Depends. Are you going to wear my jersey next game and cheer me on?" He asked and I bit my bottom lip trying to prevent myself from smiling.

"Maybe."

"Maybe? Nah you gotta be sure when you talking to me. So will you? Don't have a nigga begging."

"That doesn't sound so bad," I teased before covering my hand over my mouth to prevent the laughter as Devin got on his knee in front of me.

"Leila Harter, the weirdest, sexiest, funniest, and most annoying girl I have ever met in my life, will you please wear my jersey to tomorrow's game?"

"I'd love to."

"I don't believe it, Devin Mckell, long time no see," a familiar voice spoke and I instantly recognized it as Emmanuel. This was not going to end well. 

"What the hell are you doing on this side E? Didn't your team take enough of an ass whooping last year?" Devin asked smirking and I noticed Emanual clench his jaw before looking over to where I was and grinning. Uh oh. 

"Baby girl you look better with every passing second. Have you thought about my offer?"

"Emanual I already told you no," I replied, not bothering to look at the confused expression Devin had.

"Just take my number just in case you change your mind," he said leaving a slip of paper on the table. "It was nice seeing you Leila, and Devin you better bring it tomorrow," Emmanuel said before walking leaving me to realize something. Tomorrow both Devin and Emmanuel would be on one field.  My ex and my crush. Lord give me strength!