Chapter 17

Leila

I was freaking out. I had two hours to make my apartment look absolutely perfect before my family showed up and it was currently a hot mess. Devin had thrown a party the night before and things were all over the place, thankfully I was not going to be doing this alone. Devin had slept in and was home from work today so he was gonna help whether he liked it or not.

Grabbing a garbage bag and two pairs of gloves, I headed to his room and opened the door to reveal a sleeping Devin. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I slid onto the bed with him and straddled his body before giving him a kiss. Like magic, his eyes fluttered open and he grinned when he saw me.

"Now if this isn't the best way to wake up, I don't know what is," he muttered before flipping us over so he was on top.

"Nuh un, none of that. We have some cleaning to do."

"Wait what?"

"Sorry babe, you plan a party, you clean it up," I told him and he groaned in annoyance before trying to plead with me.

"Do we have to do it now?"

"Yup."

"Why?"

"Because my parents are coming in about two hours." His eyes widened at my response and he quickly hopped off the bed.

"Your parents?"

"Yeah."

"And you're just now telling me?" He said as he started to pace. "Fuck. How the hell am I supposed to impress them with so little time?"

"Devin."

"I could take them out for dinner," he said completely ignoring me.

"Devin, relax. There not coming here to meet you."

"There not?" He asked, his body visually relaxing.

"No. There just coming to visit me so relax baby. All I need you to do is help me clean up your party."

"Yeah, of course." We immediately got started, working our way from room to room, cleaning each area until it was absolutely spotless with only a few distractions like Devin trying to sneak kisses every other room. We had just finished the last room when Devin pulled men into his arms and gave me a kiss, his arms wrapping around my waist as our lips moved sensually against each other. My hands found their way to his bare chest as I moaned in his mouth when someone cleared their throat.

"Are we interrupting something?" My mom's amused voice asked causing Desmond and me to break apart. Standing at the door, my mom held her coat in one hand and her purse in the other looking her usual gorgeous self.

"Mom, let me help you with your coat," I said slightly embarrassed and she laughed.

"Oh don't worry Leila, I can see your busy. You must be the new roommate and boyfriend I presume?" She asked Devin and he grinned, nodding sheepishly.

"Yes, ma'am. It's great to meet you, Mrs. Harter, I can see where Leila get's her gorgeous looks from," Devin said taking her hand and placing a kiss on it.

"Very nice. I like him much better than that Emmanuel boy and I'm sure your father will as well if he would gain a shirt," my mom said with a wink and Devin took the hint and excused himself to get a shirt.

"Where is dad?" I asked once my mom had taken a seat.

"Parking the car. So how is University treating you? Keeping up the good grades?" My mom asked and I nodded.

"Yup. I'm doing well in all my classes especially business."

"That's what I like to hear. Now how are you and Devin? Is he treating you right?"