Chapter 13

This chapter is short but tomorrows will be longer and sometime this weekend will also be Aug + Love and Blackmail.

Leila's POV 

"Laddies, we are doing hip-hop, not ballet so I don't understand why everyone is so stiff. Bend your knees and let's do this routine again," Our dance teacher commanded and Harmony and I rolled our eyes. It was 9 am in the morning and everyone was exhausted as we had been doing this for over two hours. "Five, six, seven, eight!" The song 'Feeling Myself' by Beyonce and Nicki Minaj began to play before we got into formation and began the dance. The moves were done to perfection and as soon as we finished, whistles and applause could be heard by the passing onlookers.

"Hey Ms. Edmonds, can we take a water break?" Candy asked sweetly.

"Fine. You have ten minutes while I go discuss with the principal about a bigger fund for the dance program. Dismissed," she said at once before Harmony and I grabbed our water bottles taking slow sips.

"So, have you and Devin made it official yet?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"We haven't had the chance to discuss anything. With the surgery in a few days and our jobs, we haven't really seen each other but I have called the radio station every night since you forced me on and it's just been amazing. Devin texted me yesterday saying the listeners have increased ever since we begun to have our debates on the radio."

"See look at that, the entire campus knows you two belong together," Harmony teased before groaning. "Warning here comes plastic and annoying."

"Hey, bestie's!" Candy said with a grin as she threw her arms over me and Harmony's shoulder.

"What's up Candy?"

"Oh, nothing just came to talk. Nothing in particular."

"Oh really? So you don't want to talk about Devin?" I asked and her face immediately] brightened up.

"Well, I didn't but since you brought up Devin; who is this mystery woman he's interested in and who is the desperate girl that won't stop calling the radio station like she is so pathetic. That is not going to catch his attention."

"Didn't you call the station for three weeks straight?" Harmony asked and Candy shot her a glare.

"It was two weeks! And so not the point. But back to what's important, Leila you live with Devin, who is the mystery, girl?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You live with him don't you?"

"Yeah but we aren't that close. Why don't you ask him?"

"I did and he told me to ask you," she said with a sigh and I rolled my eyes. Of course, he told her that. 

"I'm sure you'll figure it out Candy, you're smart," I mumbled patting her on her shoulder.

"Your right and when I do find this girl, her ass is mine. Thanks, Leah," she said walking away and I glared in her direction.

"It's Leila!"

"Did I tell you that Joseph and I are going to councilling?" Harmony asked randomly and I shook my head.

"What did he do?"

"Nothing. Everything is great between us but the pastor that we want to marry us says we have to go to four couple therapy sessions with him before he marries us."

"Why?"

"He doesn't believe in divorce so he wants to make sure that we're making the right step apparently," Harmony explained and I nodded.

"How does Joseph feel about this?" I asked.

"He said he's fine with it," she said with a shrug before Ms. Edmonds re-entered the room.

"Alright girls enough chatter, it's time to get started."

***

I swung my Adidas bag over my shoulder as I unlocked the front door to my apartment and entered. The room was dark with the curtains blocking the windows and the lights off. Heading to the window I pulled the curtain open and jumped when I heard someone groan.

"Close the windows," Devin groaned from the couch and I held onto my chest to steady my racing heartbeat.

"Devin, what the hell are you doing home?"

"Close the curtains," he groaned again and I slowly let the curtains fall from my grasp. "My class got canceled."

"Oh okay, well I'll leave you to get your sleep," I offered, heading to my bedroom before Devin's voice stopped me.

"Leila come here," biting my lip I slowly made my way over to him and squealed when he pulled me down onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my body as he cuddled up against me. "Stop moving."

"Devin I have to study."

"It's Friday Leila, study tomorrow. Today just lay with me and let's talk."

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked mentally kicking myself for not fighting him harder on this.

"Us."

"What about us?"

"When will you stop playin' around and be my girl?" He asked, his eyes still shut.

"You're the one playing around, you know how I feel about you," I mumbled as I looked down and started playing with my fingers.

"How do you feel about me, Leila?" Devin asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You know."

"Nah I think I need a reminder."

"Devin I like you, a lot more than I should. Happy now?" I asked before Devin lifted my chin so our eyes would meet.

"Very. You know what would make me happier, though?" He asked and I smacked his arm. "What?"

"Seriously?"

"I wasn't even thinking dirty!" He protested before licking his lips. "But now I am."

"Devin."

"I'm playing. But forreal, you want to know what would make me happy?"

"What?"

"Will you Leila Harter be my girl?" He asked pulling me closer to his body so our lips were only inches apart. The silence that sat between us was filled with anxiousness and sexual tension. My gaze locked down on his lips before glancing at his eyes momentarily. 

"Hell yes," I managed to get out before he captured our lips together as one sealing the deal and making it official. Devin Mckell was finally mine!