Chapter 9 - Feelings

Today was the day, the day Light Yagami joined the investigation. If he knew that I was here, our friendship would surely be over. Well, that's if it isn't already, no, I must forgive him, he is the only friend I've ever had. Until now. Matsuda and I have built a strong friendship over the past week and we often play cards together during our lunch break or after work. The Kira Case is wearing me out and it was good to have something to look forward to at the end of the day. He was funny and adorable, but we both knew who I liked. L, I built a strong friendship with Matsuda and we would often tell each other our secrets and dreams. I never talked directly to him about how I liked L but from the way I looked at L, Matsuda knew. He promised that he would keep it a secret. This all reminded of me and Light in elementary school. My heart always sunk at this thought, it was like I was replacing him, but I never will.

There was a knock on the door, it was L. My heart fluttered. "(Y/N), it's time." I nodded and he locked the door behind him. I was on my own now, I had to hide away from Light. I plopped down in a wheely chair and spun slowly in circles, looking out the window. I spent hours gathering information on the Kira case and would sometimes watch the conversations between Light, L and the task force on the small tv screens L had set up for me, so I could stay up to date with the case. The sun was setting and I was bored. I also felt a bit homesick so I called my mum after realising that I hadn't talked to her in a week.

"Hey mum."

"Hello (Y/N)." She said sweetly. "How are you, how's the investigation going."

"I'm great, you know I can't talk about the investigation."

"Yes I know, but it was worth a try," she chuckled.

"Fine, all I'll say is that the case is fine."

"You're so full of information." She said jokingly.

"How's dad, what has been happening at home."

"Oh, your dad is great, a bit stressed with work, but aren't we all." There was a knock on the door.

"Mum, I've got to go. I love you."

"I love you too." And with that, I ended the call.

"Come in," I said in a bored tone. It was Matsuda. "Oh hey Matsuda, how are you."

"Great as always Katori." He said with his thumbs up. One secret that I hadn't told him was my real name. "Do you want to play cards?" He held out a pack of cards.

"Is Light gone yet." He nodded. "Bring it on Matsuda!" I shouted happily. He sat down opposite me and laid out the cards. After an hour of playing, I had won.

"Aw, come one." He pouted. "Katori, I vow that I will beat you one day." I laughed.

"As if." I teased. The door opened and in walked L.

"Matsuda, it is late. I advise that you return home." He said in his monotone voice, I was pretty sure I could hear a hint of jealousy in his voice. Matsuda nodded and quickly packed up the cards.

"Have a great night Katori." Matsuda waved and left the room. L closed the door behind Matsuda, we were alone, just us two.

"Hello (Y/N)."

"Hey. I hear that the investigation is going somewhat nowhere."

"Yes. What I'm about to tell you might make you feel upset." My heart sunk at this.

"Go ahead."

"I suspect that Light Yagami is Kira." I shivered at this, even L had come to the same conclusion as I had. "Are you alright (Y/N)."

"Yes, yes. I am ok. L, I suspect him too."I trailed off, slipping into my thoughts. I closed my eyes as a single salty tear trickled down my face. I felt a cold and boney hand cup the side of my face. It's thumb wiping away the tear. I opened my eyes to see L right in front of me. I felt my face heat up and butterflies in my stomach. He leant forward and kissed my forehead. It was so gentle and caring, I wanted to stay like this forever.

"Don't cry." He whispered in a low voice. "It saddens me to see you cry." He leant forward so our foreheads were touching. "(Y/N)?"

"Yes." I whimpered.

"There is a 87.47% chance that I have feelings for you." I felt my heart skip a beat, a smile forced itself onto my face. I chuckled softly. "What is wrong." He asked concerned.

"L, I think I that there is 100% chance that I have feelings for you." I flung my arms around his neck and gave him a massive hug. He was startled by this but then slipped his arms around my waste.

"Goodnight (Y/N)." He whispered, with that he broke the hug and left the room.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Trust me there will be way more fluff coming. Please support this book by voting or following me. Thank you guys so much for the 66 reads. I will post more in a couple of hours since I'm going out. Love you guys! =)