Chapter 34 - Block

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapters they will get longer again I promise. Author-chan =)

--------------------------

It had now been two and weeks since Misa, Light, and Soichiro Yagami were put in confinement. Criminals had stopped dying ever since Light and Misa were put away. I had no idea how Light was going to get out of this one. A part of me wanted to help him but was overruled by my strong sense of justice that I had developed with L over the many months. I looked up and the screen which L was looking at. He pressed the intercom, "Light, are you feeling alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll just have to get rid of it." I could see Ryuk vanishing through the wall. Where did he go? I felt dizzy, like I was going to faint. I quickly stood up to get a cup of water but collapsed onto the floor, everything went dark.

"(Y/N), what's wrong. Are you alright?" It was L, I was on the floor in his arms. I sat myself up and placed my hand on my forehead.

"Y-Yeah. I've got a headache. What happened?"

"I don't know. You collapsed at the same time Light started yelling out that he wasn't Kira."

"Huh? Light's Kira, why would he be Kira."

"What? (Y/N), don't tell me you don't know."

"Know what?"

"That Light is Kira. You said it yourself."

"Y-Yeah, I remember saying that now." He placed his thumb on his bottom lip.

"Tell me (Y/N). What happened at that café a few months ago." I thought for a minute, I felt like there was some kind of block in my memories, there were blanks.

"Well, I remember you telling me to get close to Light. Light and I were on a date. A-A man came in and held us hostage. I killed him."

"Is there anything else you remember about the café, like perhaps a notebook."

"N-No sorry, I don't remember anything about a notebook." He grunted and helped me off the floor.

"Does the word 'Death Note' mean anything to you." I shook my head. L turned away and sat back down at the monitor. "We were so close, it's such a shame" I heard him mutter to himself.

"So close to what may I ask"

"Close to exposing Light as Kira." I sat down next to him.

"I feel like something is wrong with my memory, there is this kind of block." L instantly turned back to me, looking deeply into my eyes. "It's like there are things missing, like I can't access it."

"(Y/N), I want you to keep on thinking, try and break those blocks."

"But how would I do that?"

"I'm not sure." I nodded and rested my head against his shoulder. He pressed the intercom to Soichiro's cell. "I have a plan but I need your help."