Chapter 29 - The Dinner Pt 2.

Hey guys, it's a bit shorter than usual but I'm really tired. It's currently 12:45 am so I'm really tired. Sorry if it more crap than usual. Funnyness and fluff. Author-chan =)

------------------------------

"I am L, but please, call me Ryuzaki." They looked at him shocked, staring him up and down. Sizing him up. I could easily guess what was going through my father's head. He was trying to see if L was worthy of me, after all, they have high expectations and I don't think this is the best first impression ever. They just stood there in silence, looking at each other.

"Uh, why don't you take a seat." I said pulling out two chairs.

"Yes, of course." Mum replied. They sat down and I had to once more break the silence.

"So, how has work been." I asked.

"Very stressful."

"I can say the same." I chuckled, they all joined in surprisingly, even L. It seemed to break the ice.

"Would you like some water Mrs (L/N)?" She nodded.

"Mum, this is Watari. He will be joining us tonight."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." She beamed, but then she looked over to L who was perched on the chair.

"C'mon, do you really have to sit like this now." I whispered.

"I always sit like this."

"Mum, dad. I apologise for Ryuzaki's social etiquette."

The night went on, the food that was prepared by Watari was tasty and after my parents found a bottle of wine, they slowly got tipsy, which was actually a good thing. This made all of our conversations less awkward. They asked questions about the investigation, which we couldn't answer for obvious reasons. They also asked questions about L, like why he sit's like that, why he dresses like that and why he eats like that. Unfortunately, the subject on how my parents met went on for ages.

"You know what would be the cutest thing ever. If you two got married," my mum giggled. I instantly choked on my food, the alcohol must have gotten to her head.

"W-what!" I wiped my mouth with a napkin, this caused Watari to chuckle.

"Yeah," my dad chimed in. Oh god no, it must have gotten to him too. Please no, not now. How strong was that stuff? "Ryuzaki, I think you are worthy of my daughter." His glass was raised in the air, he then lowered it.

"D-dad please." I was cut off.

"Only after the Kira case is solved." It was L who had said that, was he been serious?

"H-huh, wha."

"There's no need to be shy."

"I'm not being shy!"

"No need to be serious either."

"I will kick you." He smirked at me, I then proceeded to kick his chair since I couldn't reach his legs. It had minimal impact apart from the loud thump of my foot hitting a solid surface.

"Awe, see your already like a married couple."

"Mum, shut up! Your dunk." She laughed it off. After another hour of laughing and more drinking Watari offered to drive them home, they were way too drunk to drive home themselves. They refused but I forced them to. I flopped down onto a couch. "That was insane."

"Which part? The drinking or marriage." I glared at him.

"All of it." I said coldly. He walked over to me and forced his way on top of me.

"You know, I meant what I said. Now, where were we." He then pressed his thin lips against mine, breaking apart for breaths but then instantly returning. I ran a hand through his raven hair as he slipped an arm around my waist.