Chapter 75 - The Beginning of the End Part 3

A gentle breeze is blowing through the open window as the orange morning light seeps into the room. I turn my head to the side and see that he has already left. I pull the fluffy covers closer to my bare chest and hold my hand out in front of me and stare at the bandage. I sigh and drop it back down. I take a deep breath in and sit up. Wrapping the covers around me I stand up and walk to the wardrobe and rummage through my clothes. I pick out long black denim pants and find the longest shirt. I pull the maroon material over me but the sleeves stop half way down my forearm. I walk into the bathroom and stare into the mirror, the cuts on my face are barely visible but I put some concealer over it so no questions will be asked. My hair stands on end and I work hard to brush out the knots. Walking back to the bed I stop in front of it and see that the glass and bloodstains have been cleaned from last night. I enter my living room and see that the first aid box has been left out, I pass by it and enter the lift. As it descends many floors below I pull my sleeves down and grip onto it so it won't pull up, hoping that it will eventually stretch. A ding echoes through the small square box and the doors slide smoothly open.

"Morning (Y/N)!" Matsuda calls out from the other side of the room. As I walk towards him he runs towards me with a file in his hand. "I-I'm sorry to bombard you with work at..." He looks at his watch awkwardly, "Very early hour of the morning." He continues. I smile at him and take the file from him. "New leads on the Kira case. You were right (Y/N), we might actually see the end of Kira."

"Yeah..." I trail off as I flip through it, I look back up at him after a while. "So, this Mikami guy is Kira?"

"Well we t-think so."

"Thanks Matsuda." I shove the file at him but my hand slips and my sleeves fall down. I quickly try to cover them up.

"(Y/N), what happened?!" He put a hand on my arm but I turned away so he lost grip.

"I-It's n-nothing."

"No, tell me. I'm your friend, this is wat friends do right?" I nod in response and uncover my arms. "What happened to your hand?"

"Oh, umm, it was just a misunderstanding."

"Who was it, was it Ryuzaki. I'll kill him if he did this to you!"

"Nonononononono." I take a deep breath in. "No, d-definitely not him." I let out a small smile at what had happened last night. I put my hand reassuringly on his shoulder. "Trust me, everything is going to be ok." I stretch my sleeves over my arms once more and run off the find L. I see him crouched on the couches talking quietly with the rest of the task force.

"Is everything ok (Y/N)?" He asks in his usual monotone voice. I grab him by the wrist and pull him around the corner.

"I think that Mikami is working for Light but I'm guessing that you already knew that." The dark bags under his eyes seemed thinner than usual.

"Yes."

"I have a plan to capture Kira, I need Near to help me though. I want Light to fall into a trap, somehow we need him to confess. I'm thinking that we use Mikami and the notebook. If my judgments are correct Mikami would never write Light's name in the Death Note."

"Yes (Y/N). I think I know where you're getting at." A smile spreads across his face and he cupped a hand to my cheek gently. "That is a very good plan." He inches closer to me and our eyes lock. Our lips briefly touch before Light comes around the corner, he stops with a hand on the wall. I break away with shock and glare at him.

"A-Anyway, I have to get back to work." I say rushed. L sighs heavily with disappointment and kisses my forehead. He turns around and as he walks past Light he knocks his shoulder against him "accidentally". Light jerks forwards but regains his balance. Even though the fighting between them wasn't as bad as it used to be I could still feel the hatred for each other radiating off them. Light walks over to me.

"I just want to see how you are, after last night and all."

"Bad and good." I whisper the last part.

"Oh, I couldn't see anything good in that situation."

"It's none of your business." I smirk at him.

"I can guess." He says annoyed. He leans in closer to me. I move closer to him, as he is about to kiss me I pop up the rude finger at him between our lips.

"Never." I lower it and walk past him but stop. "By the way Light, you're going down."

"Yeah right." He scoffs.

-------------------

Whoops, short chapter.