Chapter 32 - Confession

I rested my head against L's knees while he tapped away at his laptop. Last night was amazing, L, the greatest detective in the world was now my fiancé. I closed my eyes and sighed. I was even more determined to catch Kira, to catch Light. Only then could I marry him. "Hey Ryuzaki?"

"Yes (Y/N)." He had given up using my alias as it was revealed to everyone last night.

"What do my parents think of this, did you even ask them."

"Of course I did; it would be rude not to. I talked to them after the dinner." I looked up at him with wide eyes.

"That long ago!" He nodded. "Wow, I can say that I'm impressed, more to the fact that my parents said yes."

"Well to tell the truth, it did take a bit of convincing."

"Even though they were drunk."

"Yes, your parents are quite the stubborn ones." I chuckled at this. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear and planted a kiss on my forehead. "It looks like someone wants to talk with you." I looked over to see Matsuda.

"Cards?" I looked at my watch.

"Yeah, why not. It's my lunchbreak now anyway." I got up and left the room with Matsuda. He dealt out the cards and we played a game.

"So, (F/N) (L/N)'s your real name right?"

"Yeah, everyone knows it now, so you can call me (Y/N) from now on."

"(Y/N), that's a nice name. I like it better than Katori." I smiled at him. "So, what's it like being Ryuzaki's fiancé."

"Oh that." I laughed. "I'm not sure yet, it hasn't even been one day yet but I'm going to assume that it's going to be the same."

"How do you think Light would feel if he found out?"

"Well, I guess he would feel betrayed." I felt bad. I knew that it was my job to get close to him, but if he found out that I was engaged to L. Our friendship would surely be over even if he was Kira, he was still my friend.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), I didn't mean to make you sad."

"No Matsuda, it's ok." I sighed.

"A-Anyway, how much do you know about me?"

"Well everything that was on your file and all the things that you told me about."

"And how much don't I know about you, (Y/N)?"

"Oh, the only thing I didn't really tell you was my real name, that's all." He smiled and wiped his forehead. I placed down my final card. "Ha, I win again." The door opened and in walked L.

"Hello Ryuzaki. I'll give you two some space.". As he was leaving he put in one more final word. "I'm really happy for you (Y/N). I just want you to know that." With that he left and shut the door. L walked behind me and slipped his arms around me lowering his chin onto my shoulder.

"Tell me (Y/N), how are you feeling."

"Well, probably the happiest I have ever been."

"Even with Light in confinement?"

"Uh, yeah. I am a bit saddened by that but we must bring his to justice." He grunted in response.

"Would you like to help me make lunch. Watari is currently out on some errands and I think I would enjoy cooking with my fiancé." His arms tightened and he turned his face to give me a kiss on the cheek. I stood up and gave him another hug.

"Yeah, I'd really like that." We walked off into the kitchen together, hand in hand.