Chapter 76 - The Middle of the End Part 1

Short fluff chapter for you guys :) I really hope that you're enjoying the story. Also does anyone have any ideas about what fanfic I should write next? Author-Chan =)

-------------------------

It is 1am and I am still writing the longest email to Near in the world, my eyes burn from the strong artificial light. "For once I feel the urge to sleep, although it has been 72 hours since I last slept." L says gently while biting his thumb. He is crouched in the seat next to me and stares inquisitively. He reaches over and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear then stands up.

"Hmm?" I say looking over at the tall figure. "Oh right, yeah I'll be right up. Just let me finish this email."

"You are using a secure connection?" He asks in a monotone but serious voice. I nod as I tap away at the keyboard. "Are you sure." He teases.

"Yes dad," I groan jokingly. He frowns at me then tilts his head.

"It's an expression thing." I sigh. "Never mind." He shrugs and walks off to the lift which takes him up to my floor. I proof read the email which explains what I want him to do.

'I want Light Yagami to fall into a trap. If Light is really Kira we both know that Mikami would never kill his "god" so this means...'.

I send the email off and shut the computer which leaves me in total darkness. I lean in my chair and fall off it with a crash as it wheels its way somewhere in the room. "Well that's just great." I mutter to myself. All I can see is the glowing up and down arrow of the lift. I get up and walk over to it tiredly and go to my floor. When I arrive, darkness, again. "Freaking darkness." I say angrily. "Is there ever going to be once that the lights will actually be on." I find my way into the bedroom and was about to switch on the light but decided not to since I didn't want to wake up the very rare sleeping Lawliet. Unfortunately, I stuffed up again. I went to lie down on the bed but accidentally crushed L who woke up in shock as his breath was forced out of his lungs. "Oh my, sorry." I roll off him and onto my side. He turns on his side and slides his arms around my waist.

"Why are Japanese girls like you so cute." I feel my face heat up and I flick his nose gently.

"Shut up." I laugh.

"Never!" He pulls me in tighter then starts to tickle me.

"OH MY GOD S-STOP, THAT TICKLES AHAHAHAH, P-PLEASE!" I screech out. "LAWLIET!!"

"See? Cute!"

"AAHAHAHAHHAH STOOPPPPP LAAAWWWLLLIETTTT!!!" He chuckles some more then stops tickling me but keeps his arms around my waist. I roll over and nestle my head into his neck and rest my hand on his chest. He strains his head and kisses my forehead which causes my heart to flutter.

"I love you (Y/N)." He whispers.

"I love you too." I whisper back. He was right, he had changed, but for the better. Years ago and he would've let no one in. I had changed him and no matter what. I will always love the insomniac with the raven hair, dark sparkling eyes, his tired eye bags, the way he sits, the way he speaks and the way he dresses. Everything about him is perfect and all I could ever wanted. My Lawliet.

(The Next Morning)

I wake up to the smell of bacon, it's scent welcoming. I open my eyes and see that L has left so I walk out and see him slouched, slaving over the stove. "What are you doing."

"Breakfast." He says without looking up at me. I sit down at the set table and stare out the window. I hear a clatter of plates then something being scraped out of a pan. He brings two plates over and crouches in the seat next to me, placing one in front of me and one in front of him. I stare at the bacon, toast, baked beans and eggs. "Have you ever had this before?"

"Of course I have!"

"In England it's a tradition that every Sunday they have this which is called Sunday breakfast. This tradition also carries over to most western countries, Australia for example"

"Yeah, I learned that in history." I say as I dig into the eggs.

"History?!"

"Oh, our teacher kind of went off topic..." I watch him as he pours sugar onto the meal. "Won't that ruin it? Wait, that's a stupid question."

"Yes, very stupid indeed. Especially for someone like you with your deduction skills" He smiles.

"Hey!" I give him a friendly punch. "You didn't have to agree with me." We eat in silence for a bit before he asks me something out of the blue.

"Where do you think is a nice location for the wedding." I almost choke on my food.

"I thought we didn't have time to talk about these kind of things, especially with the Kira case coming to an end."

"That's exactly why I'm thinking about it." I scratch the back of my head and lean in my seat.

"Well..." I pause. "I'm not sure, I'll get back to you on that."

"Soon I hope."

"Promise."