Chapter 20 - Heartless

Hey guys, thank you so much for the 257 views. This is so amazing, I really hope you are enjoying this story. Author-chan = )

--------------------------------------

I woke up on the couch. L was tapping away on his computer. I didn't bother to say good morning to L, I felt no pain. I was numb, from knowing Light was Kira I felt like nothing really mattered anymore. I got changed into black jeans and a black sweater then went over to L, sitting quietly down next to him. "Good morning (Y/N)." He mumbled. I sighed and looked out the window. I can't believe that Light is Kira, the boy who was always there for me, was a murderer. He had a Shinigami, I thought they were just myths, but obviously not. And what does the Death Note do.

"L?" He turned to me. "I need to see how Light kills. I don't care about hurting his emotions anymore." L's eyes slightly widened. "I don't care if I have to kill him, if it comes down to it, I will. I'm going to go see him today."

"Are you sure that is wise in your current state of mind." I glared at him.

"I think it is better like this. I can now handle this, be professional, do my part." L knew that he couldn't do anything to stop me. I stood up walked over to the door. "I'll be going now." I opened the door then paused. I walked back over to where L was sitting and unlocked a drawer. Inside was a gun. I took it and shoved it inside my bra.

"You know, it's illegal for the public to carry weapons in public in Japan. But I'm guessing you already knew that."

"Vouch for me." I then slammed the door and walked down the hallway. I waited at the elevators only for Matsuda to walk out of one.

"Good morning Katori!" He smiled scratching the back of his head. I ignored him and walked into the elevator pressing the ground floor.

"Katori!" He shouted, the door closing him off. I sighed, I was heartless. I was going to go to Light's house but he was in the lobby of the hotel.

"(Y/N)! We n-"I cut him off.

"We need to talk, let's go to the café a few blocks from here." He nodded. We walked in silence until we reached the café. We sat down in a booth in the far corner. "So, Kira." My voice was lowered. "Ryuk." I nodded towards the floating Shinigami next to Light. A smile crept onto Ryuk's face.

"You didn't tell anyone about last night did you?"

"Who do you think I am; I don't break promises." I did not feel bad about lying to him at all. He sighed. I leant forward. "Light, prove to me that you are Kira."

"Huh?" He smirked. "Sure." He pulled out the notebook which was labelled Death Note. He began writing a name inside the book. "See that waiter there." I followed his eyes to see a man mopping the floor.

"Yeah. I see him."

"He has five cases of rape held against him. The judge let him off with a warning. Justice was not served; I was planning on killing this man today anyway." He had finished writing the name in the notebook and was counting silently under his breath, looking at his watch. "forty," he whispered. The man clutched at his chest and fell to the floor. Everyone gasped and people started running over to him. A woman checked his pulse and stood up.

"Dead, it was Kira. He obviously did something wrong." The woman said. The people shrugged and returned to their seats. The man just lay there, lifeless. The crowed praising Kira. I turned back to Light.

"Well done Kira. You have them wrapped around your finger."

"Yeah, except for L and the Task Force. I might have to end up killing them too, but if I did I would become even more suspicious." A pain hit my chest, emotion. I realised that the only thing I cared about right now was L, no one else. "(Y/N), are you alright?"

"Yes, I am fine. I agree with you."

"So you're on my side." I thought for a moment. This was my chance to bring Kira to justice, to do my job, to finally have peace with L.

"Yes."