Chapter 56 - Threat

I woke to someone shaking me awake. "What is it L?"

"Roger wants to take with us in private." I looked out the window, it was pitch black.

"At this hour." I groaned and sat up. "Ok." We walked quietly down the hallway past all the bedrooms then down the stairs. I cringed as they squeaked beneath me. We reached his office and pushed open the door. He spun around in his chair to face us.

"Please lock the door." My heart began beating faster, was I in trouble for something. We locked it and took a seat across from him. He clasped his hands together on his desk. "We have a situation."

"What kind of situation." Asked L.

"Code Black," He paused. "Seven two eight." His dark eyes widened. I looked at them worried.

"W-What's Code Black seven two eight?" L pushed his thumb up against his lips.

"Terrorist threat." Roger answered. My detective skills instantly kicked in.

"What type of threat." I insisted. Roger lowered his voice.

"Someone is willing to destroy everything in their way to find out L's real name." Could it be Light; no. Light wouldn't do this. It's not how he works.

"Everything?"

"We believe that they have access to a modern Hydrogen fusion bomb." I rubbed my eyes. A hydrogen bomb can be 1000 more times powerful than an atomic bomb. It can vaporise all the water in the San Francisco bay, instantly. "By the way you reacted I'm guessing that you are aware of the consequences. I turned to L.

"So if they have this bomb they are more dangerous than Kira."

"Yes. They are going to hold the whole world hostage, for my name. Why would anyone want it so bad?" I turned back to Roger.

"Is there anything else that you know?"

"Well, we know that they have planted a spy, here at Wammy's."

"They could be one of Kira's followers. Someone trying to get L out of the picture. But they would have to be with a terrorist group, or even..." I trailed off inn thought. "They could be part of a government group. But what confuses me even more is that L is dead."

"Yes, but remember the world still thinks that I'm alive. Only the Task Force thinks I'm dead."

"So it can't be someone is the Task Force. It's a third party." I was excited but scared for my life. I knew how L felt when a good case came in. Adrenalin.

"(Y/N)?" Roger asked.

"Yes?"

"How old are you?"

"I'm nineteen but my birthday is soon."

"Well I must say that your deductive skills are impressive."

"Thank you, but I think we must pass the formalities. There is a new threat greater than Kira."

"Yes you are right. You should be getting back to your room; we don't want to raise suspicion. In the meantime, I will go through everyone's personal files and see if I can narrow down who the spy is."

"Very well." L said. We walked back up the stairs and approached our room. I saw the small girl from earlier peeking through the crack. Once she had seen me she instantly shut that door. I locked the door to our room and sat down on the bed.

"How old do you think that girl was?"

"Which one." He asked crouching next to me.

"The one that came to tell us when dinner was ready, you know?"

"Yes. I would say that she was about seven years old. Why?"

"Oh." I snapped my head towards him. "It's nothing." There was something wrong with that girl. She just gave me a weird feeling. I shook my head and dismissed it.

"You can tell me anything, you don't have to hide things." I nodded.

"I just don't like her. She gives me this weird feeling but I don't know how to explain it."

"Do you not like her because she interrupted us."

"Hmm?! No, no. Anyway, what kind of reasoning is that for not liking someone." I chuckled the last part.

"Well, I don't like people for weird reasons." I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow at him.

"You don't like humans in general." He shrugged blankly at me.

"Now, where were we." He smirked and pushed me down. They lady at the ice cream parlor was right. He did have a look of desire in his eyes. I tugged at the neck of his long sleeved white shirt and pulled him so he was a few centimetres away from me.

"I think we left off somewhere here." I pulled him down to my lips. He pulled away and started kissing my neck. I ran my hands through his raven hair. I closed my eyes as a quiet moan escaped my lips. I slid my hands under his shirt and around his skinny but slightly toned waist.

------------------------------

Well guys, I hope you enjoyed that. Just a note, I am NOT going to write any lemons. Plus it would be super awkward because I know like 5 people who read this in real life. But there probs will be more fluff like this.

I'm also going away on Tuesday for 8 days. Ewww flying which you guys obviously know I hate with a burning passion. There will be internet and I will upload! Author-chan =) I've got 3 weeks of holidays left.