Chapter one:bus ride to nowhere

I lay in bed awake. Life sucks. My mother is dead, my dad keeps drinking, and I'm all alone. My mother died in a car accident and it was my fault. I know that that sounds like I'm blaming myself but it was my fault.
   I was playing soccer in the street when I went to chase a ball and a car was coming. My mom ran into the street and tried to make me stop but I was already safe on the other side. I was standing there on the sidewalk as the car ran right over my mom.     
   When dad found out he called 911 but I don't think you can save someone who looked mangled. I still remember the words dad said to me. "It should have been you!"
    It rang in my ears over and over. I'm tired of crying myself to sleep. I'm tired of locking my door to make sure my dad wouldn't strangle me while I slept.
   Most of all, I was tired of this place. There was only one thing to do. I could run away.
I packed everything I needed including clothes, a few books, my charger, glasses case, a small black cat leash, and my stuffed bunny. I put on my f/c shirt and jean shorts. I also put on my black jacket, f/c high tops and white socks. I grabbed my backpack and phone then took one last look at my room.
   Glancing around for a last time and grabbed a photo from its frame before leaving. I shut my door carefully and went towards my parents room. Mom had a jar of college money saved up and I knew it would come in handy.
   In the hall, I grabbed a small pile of fluff and put it in my bag on top. Careful to not hurt her and leave a opening on the top of the bag. I wasn't going to leave this behind.
I walked in to the untouched room and went to the dresser where the jar of cash was. I grabbed it. Wrapped it in a blanket and dropped it on the ground. The noise was muffled from the blanket. I opened the blanket and pulled the money from the shards of glass.
   I cut my finger on glass, which was the worst time for this, and blood started to leak out. Not enough to hurt though. I stuck my finger in my mouth to suck the blood off as I put the money in my wallet in my pocket. I walked towards the door and saw the glass on the blanket had some blood on it. Oh well. I went to the bathroom next.
   After a shower I grabbed my grooming products and some band aids. Never know what could happen.
I went downstairs to see my dad waisted in the chair. His eyes were shut but I knew he was awake. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and some cat treats. I was surprised that we had some water. Now dad only drank alcohol. I walked to the door. "Beth? Is that y...you?" My dad asked. Dammit!
   "No dad. It's me, y/n. I'm not mom." I told him.
   "Oh. It's you. Why are you going out?" He snapped with a drunk voice.
   "I'm just leaving for a bit. Thats all." I told him and opened the door.
   "I hope you get hit. Then I won't have to see your face again." He said to himself but I could hear him. I slammed the door and headed to the bus station.
When I finally got there I had get a ticket. I looked at the ticket prices. The only bus that still was open and was taking off soon was the one to the other side of Oregon. "Gravity Falls? That part of Oregon is far. It'll work." I whispered to myself. I rang the bell and a woman walked over. "One for Gravity Falls." I said and slid her the money.
   "Just one? Ok." She said and gave me a ticket and I headed to the bus. I got on and the driver took my ticket.
   "You don't have any animals do you?" He asked.
   "Nope." I said and headed to the back. After a hour of driving I opened my bag. "Hi Snowy." I whispered to the fluff. I pet the pile and she looked back at me. Her little nose and tiny ears were a rosy pink.
   She meowed and went back to sleep. We still had four more hours until we got to Gravity Falls. This was a bus to nowhere. Nowhere I knew.

-------------------------------------------------------
I hope you like it! If you are allergic to cats just pretend you arnt or pretend it's a puppy. Also this is my first reader x story so don't judge to hard. Well BOI