Chapter 16 Going Home

When I woke up I was in the hospital. I was wearing a hospital gown made of paper and I was hooked up to IVs and oxygen. I tried to sit up but was too sore. "Ash?" I heard Jasper ask.

"Jasper?" I asked looking for him. "Where am I?"

"Phoenix hospital. You lost a lot of blood. You scared me," Jasper said.

"I'll be fine Jasper. When can I go home and how's Bella?"

"Bella actually wants to see you and so does Edward. It'll be a few days before you can go home. Your stitches need to heal. Carlisle is talking to your other doctors. Should I send Bella and Edward in?"

"Sure," I said. "Can you help me sit up?" I asked. Jasper repositioned my bed so it was where I could sit up and helped me get comfortable. "Thank you," I said as he handed me my ice chips.

"You're welcome, I'll go get them," Jasper said leaving. He was only gone a few minutes when Bella came in.

"Asha, I'm so sorry. If I had listened to you you wouldn't be hurt. We would be with the Cullens somewhere safe."

"Bella, I'm fine. You're safe, you can go home to your father. I protected my sister."

"You see me as a sister?" Bella asked sitting on my bed.

"You're my brother's mate, of course, I see you as a sister. Now, where is that mind-reading pain in the ass?" I asked getting a laugh from her. At that, the door opened.

"I wanted to give you two a moment. Thank you, Asha, you protected my mate when I couldn't. I'm sorry that you were put in danger."

"I'm fine Edward, and you would have done the same for me. Did you really think I would let my sister get hurt? Now, how long before I get out of this joint?" I asked.

"Two days before they think you might be strong enough to be moved," Edward said. I could tell Bella still wanted to talk.

"Anything else you want to tell me, Bella?" I asked. She nodded. "You mind giving us the room Edward?" He shook his head and left. "So what did my brother do?"

"He thinks he needs to leave to protect me. He can't leave me, I need him," Bella said starting to hyperventilate. I managed to calm her down, I understood how she felt. That's how I felt about Jasper. When I met him everything fell into place, it felt like he was holding me in place, not the laws of science. When we were apart I just wanted to be back with him, he was my peace.

"He's your other half; your world feels complete when he's there," I said. She nodded. "I understand, Jasper is the same for me. My brother is overprotective. Don't let him push you around Bella. He'll lie to you to try to protect you. Stand up to him," I said taking her hand. "Give me your phone, I'll put my number and email in. That way you can talk to me any time you need too." She passed me her phone and I put my information in.

"Thank you," Bella said.

"You're welcome, come here," I said holding my arms out to her. She hugged me and I wrapped my arms around her as Edward, Jasper, and Carlisle came in.

"Edward you need to take Bella back home, Alice and Emmett have already left. We'll follow in a few days," Carlisle said as Edward handed me my phone. Bella and Edward said their goodbyes before leaving. I was left with Carlisle and Jasper. They both took care of me but all I wanted was to go home. "You need to heal and you need the pain killers," Carlisle told me for about the 1,000th time.

"Carlisle, my kind can heal themselves. All this medicine doesn't help me; I just want to go home. I'll heal faster there. Please I just want to go home," I said standing up from the bed on shaky legs.

"You need to rest," Carlisle said trying to get me back in the bed.

"How many of my kind have you treated before? How many of my kind have you met?" I asked. "I'm going home," I said pulling my IV out and grabbed the clothes Jasper had brought me and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

"Asha! You're going to get hurt trying to get home," dad called.

"What do you know about my kind? I'm tougher than I look. I'll see you at home," I said going around him.

Jasper's POV

I came back to the room after going to get lunch for Asha. She was tired of hospital food and wanted to go home. When I got to her room Carlisle was there but Asha wasn't. "Where is she?" I asked.

"She left, she said the medicine here wasn't helping her, that she could heal herself and left."

"And you let her?" I asked.

"She said I didn't know anything about her kind and I didn't answer her questions. I don't know how she's planning on getting back."

"I've got to find her," I said putting my layers back on so the sun wouldn't hit my skin. With that, I left the hospital and brought the food with me. If she was running back she would need it. I found her down at the train tracks sitting in an open train car. The train was heading for Seattle; it would go right by Forks. I joined her, she didn't turn to look at me but I knew she was aware that I was there.

The train jerked forward and started to move forward. "Aren't you cold?" I asked her.

"No," she replied as the sunset. We would probably be on the train for a few days. I set her food beside her and she looked at it but didn't touch it. "Thanks, I'll eat it after I heal myself."