Chapter 22 Sisters

A/N: I know this is short but I need some time to plan out a few chapters. I'm going to be doing it a bit different than the book so it'll take a little time to make the plans. Feel free to leave suggestions. If I use yours you'll get a dedication.

Chapter 22 Sisters

The following evening my family had left Forks but I stayed behind in a small apartment. Edward wasn't pleased but Carlisle had agreed to pay for it and make sure I had what I needed and all my things. I could finish my online schooling here. Besides, Bella had gone missing after Edward left her in the woods and I was helping the wolves of La Push look for her. Most of the town was looking for her, but the wolves knew the woods the best. "Why did you stay?" Sam asked as we walked together. I could hear the wolves for some reason and I wasn't a part of their pack. It made talking to them easier to be sure; I just wasn't sure how that worked.

"I knew what leaving would do; people have come and gone all my life. I couldn't do that to her. Edward didn't seem to understand that. He thinks he's protecting her; he's only causing more harm. Besides, she's a sister to me," I said as we both stopped in our tracks. We found her. She was behind a tree and looking at the pair of us. I hoped she would recognize me.

"Asha? Asha, is that you?" Bella asked running up to me. She wasn't at all worried about the giant black wolf standing beside me.

"Yes, it is Bella. Why are you out here?" I licked the tears from her face as Sam slipped away to take on his two-legged form.

"Asha," she cried wrapping her arms my neck. "He's gone." I took on my two-legged form and carried her out of the forest with Sam following in his two-legged form. On our walk, I tried to comfort her, but I knew she felt like a piece of her was gone. Jasper had left with the family; he said he would rejoin me later. Jacob called Charlie's attention to us as we came out of the woods.

"Bella!" Charlie called. He ran over to us and took Bella out of my arms. I made sure he had a good grip before letting go of her.

"May I stay with her tonight Chief Swan?" I asked worried about my friend.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea," Charlie answered and I went ahead of him to get the door. Once Bella was in her room Charlie and I wrapped her in a blanket and I started to take her shoes off. "What the hell were you thinking baby?" Looking around Bella's room I could tell Edward had been in here and had removed things that held reminders of himself, like pictures.

"He's just gone," Bella said. She sounded numb, broken. He really wanted to remove himself from her life, but he had left the stuff. I could smell his scent under her bed.

"You'll stay with her right?" Charlie asked me. He was worried about his little girl and I could hear the worry in his voice. His little girl had been missing. Her heart had also been broken.

"All night," I replied. I got Bella into her PJs after Charlie left the room and I slept with her that night. She didn't really sleep though, she tossed and turned. I kept her close to me, trying my best to comfort her. Things were only likely to get worse for her as time went on before they would start to get somewhat better. In the morning I pulled the box out from under the loose floorboard under her bed. Everything was in there, pictures, gifts. Now only if he hadn't made everyone change their phone number and email address.

I texted Edward to let him know what exactly what I thought of this whole thing and that it was a mistake. I hoped that he would change his mind and come back. "She deserves better," Edward replied.

"She wants you. You don't get to decide what she wants but if this is how you're going to treat her, then yes, she deserves better. Someone who loves her wouldn't walk away wouldn't lie to her." Jasper and I hadn't walked away from each other, he was going to come back to Forks in a few days and live in my apartment with me.

"What about you and Jasper?" he texted back. I rolled my eyes.

"Our relationship is none of your concern," I replied as Bella woke up.

"Asha?" Bella asked.

"I'm still here Bella. You need a hot shower and some breakfast. You get cleaned up and I'll fix breakfast. Here," I said handing her the box. "This is what Edward tried to hide, the pictures of you and him, the gifts."

"Thank you," Bella said taking the box from me and I went downstairs to find something to fix for breakfast. It seemed that Charlie had already left for work. I wondered if Jasper would be okay with hanging out with Bella, she would need both of us.