Chapter 24 Wolves

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I've been working on a reader insert story for OUAT. It's not up yet. Thanks to everyone who asked for an update! Comment if you want a preview.

Chapter 24 Wolves

As time wore on Bella retreated further within herself and spent more time on La Push with Jacob. The two seemed to get over their fight, whatever that was about, though I could guess. Jacob had phased and wanted to keep her out of it or rather Sam did. Sam thought he was keeping her safe but with Bella the closer she was to danger, the further she was from harm. "You going to go check on Bella?" Jasper asked as I made myself some dinner.

"Sam's pissed at me right now. I think he should let Bella in on the secret and he's against it. So at the moment, I can't step foot on their land till he gets off his high horse. They won't hurt her Jasper. If I thought there was that chance I would ignore Sam's order."

"I know you would," Jasper said. I felt him come up behind me and wrap his arms around me. "You've been such a good friend to her over these past few months. Most people would have left because they wouldn't understand what she's going through." I leaned into him and kissed his cheek.

"Asha!" Bella called running into my place. I turned to look at her. "Are all fairytales and horror stories true?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The bears aren't bears. They're huge wolves!"

"Oh, that. That's not my secret to tell Bella. It isn't a horror story. Look at that book you bought about the legends of the local tribe."

"They went after Laurent, the wolves will be dead by now, Victoria will be coming after me."

"Now she won't, Laurent will be dead, but Victoria will come looking for him. I'll talk to Sam, and Jasper and I will team up and keep watch."

"Asha, you both have to feed and you need to sleep," Bella said.

"I'll be fine Bella, I'm over 2,000 years old, I think I can manage it," I replied. Later that night I went down to the river that divided the Cullens land from the pack. I took on my wolf form and howled, calling Sam. Soon a large black wolf came up on the other side of the river. I explained what was going on, and set up shifts with him. They had been hunting the redhead already. "Trust Bella with your secret Sam, she'll find out sooner or later."

"She found out today," Sam replied.

"That explains why she was asking about fairy tales and horror stories. Good night Sam and thank you." With that I left, Jasper and I had an evening planned.

"Good night Ash, and welcome back."

"Thank you," I called back.