Chapter 21 Party Aftermath

A/N: This is really short but since some of you asked for an update here you go. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 21 Party Aftermath

"You okay Bella?" I asked coming onto the balcony of Carlisle's office. Edward had gone to check on Jasper.

"Edward is more upset about this than I am. He keeps telling me not to say I'm fine, what do I do Ash?"

"Tell him to shut the hell up. That he doesn't know what you're feeling and that he can't read your mind so he has absolutely no right to tell you how you're feeling or what you're thinking. Don't let him bully you; he comes from a time where men were in charge. Don't let that crap fly."

"How do you and Jasper do it? You were both born in different times and different worlds?" Bella asked.

"Respect, we listen to each other. Edward needs to learn to listen, browbeat him if you have to," I said as Edward came back.

"You ready to go back home, your things have been loaded into the truck," Edward said.

"We were in the middle of a conversation, it's rude to interrupt," I said in a low voice looking at Edward. "You good Bella? I should go check on Jasper?"

"Yeah, thanks Asha," Bella said hugging me. "Tell Jasper I'm not mad at him."

"I will get some rest, Bella. Happy Birthday." After we broke apart I ran off into the woods to find Jasper. I knew Edward would try to push his way around because he felt bad about what happened because he saw himself as a monster and Bella was human. That wasn't what she saw. I hoped Bella gave him a tongue lashing. I found Jasper sitting by the river and I joined him.

"What did Bella want?" he asked.

"She wanted to know how to get Edward to shut up long enough to listen to her. She isn't mad at you by the way."

"I think Edward is more upset than anyone."

"It was an accident, shit happens Jasper. Let it go," I said leaning into him and wrapping my arm around him. An hour later Edward came home and started telling us how we had to move to protect Bella. "Bella doesn't need you to protect her from yourself, she trusts you, all of you. Leaving her in the middle of the night will break her trust. It's exactly what people have done to me all my life. Don't do this," I said heading out the door.

Edward would insist till he got his way. He was always so sure that he knew the right thing. I would follow my family of course but I would come and visit Bella. I wouldn't just disappear from her life like Edward would want me to. That would cause more harm than good. You just didn't disappear from someone's life when you cared about them. Tomorrow would reveal Edward's decision. Tomorrow we would either stay or he would break Bella's heart.